South Kaibab to Phantom Ranch to Bright Angel Trail

South Kaibab to Phantom Ranch to Bright Angel Trail is a 16.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Grand Canyon Village, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

16.6 miles 5255 feet Point to Point

It's the Grand Canyon just breath taking

tough hike, but beautiful. start early!

It was my first time at the Grand Canyon. I had the best adventure ever! Incredible group of people! Great weather! Amazing hiking! I will do it again. The Canyon is a magic place where in same way you would find yourself and you would be proud of something bigger than you. At night...the stars will reveal, and the silence of the Canyon will tell you the secrets of it magic.

Great hike. We were lucky in early March that the ice had all melted; trail was a bit muddy but only for the first half mile or so. Left at 8am and made it to in 2hrs 40min with 18L daypacks and 3.5L water. Hiking poles were key for me going down but my girlfriend was fine without. Temps started at ~35F but rose to 70/75 at the bottom. There's not a ton to see at Phantom but figured we should visit anyway and spent an hour refueling and exploring. Hiked up Bright Angel without stops in about 3hrs 40min for a total hiking time of 6hrs 20min. Tough trail but if you're fit and have a sensible pack it's easily doable in a day - though I'd avoid it in summer!

Long and limited opportunities for water, but the views make it well worth it.

My favorite hike I have done so far! The views are unlike anything you could ever experience from the rim! Stayed at Phantom Ranch, and I strongly recommend it (takes about a year to book but so worth it)! South Kaibab was hard on my knees, but the views are STUNNING! Bright Angel is beautiful! I believe everyone should do this hike at some point in their life. Planning on doing a rim to rim to rim in a couple of years!

One of the greatest hikes in the US. Descent the Kaibab and then back up on the Bright Angel. No water on the Kaibab.

Webt only about 1hr down, great views. Far less crowded than Rim Trail. very much worth it.

Hiked from South Kaibab down past Tip Point and back up. Tough climb, but beautiful! A hike I will not forget

Such an amazing experience! I loved having two different views of the Grand Canyon. We took this hike in mid-January, going from S Kaibab to Bright Angel, and I would strongly recommend traction footwear. The top of the rim had a couple feet of snow and was very cold, but once we got a little further, the snow melted away and we were comfortable in just a sweatshirt!

The two suspension bridges were beautiful and it was great to see the history down at Phantom Ranch. Would love to do this hike again.

Bring plenty of water if traveling in the winter because the mid to top rest stops do not offer drinking water due to weather conditions.