Soldier Pass to Brins Mesa Loop

Soldier Pass to Brins Mesa Loop is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We did this one in reverse. We parked all the way down at the last parking lot past where this map shows the trailhead. And we walked in reverse first doing Brins Mesa, cut over to Solder’s Pass and finished the loop with Jordan Trail to Cibola Trail. This trail, especially Brins Mesa, had some spectacular views.

A few people who hiked it on the direction posted here mentioned the trail heads were confusing or they missed turn offs. I can see that happening as there is a lot going on, on the Solder Pass side. Coming the way we did made it easier to follow the trail heads.

I agree this is a moderate trail. There are two steep sections but otherwise it’s fairly level. Definitely a wonderful hike. Also, doing it the reverse way that we did it also seemed to provide better views.

So beautiful!

This was a beautiful trail to experience.. it's a combination of flatter terrains as will as rocky and at times steep inclines. Me and my medium sized dog did fine, I did see people using hiking poles and sticks especially around the Brins Mesa trail. Don't forget to look back!! Especially going up the Soldiers Pass trail, the views are superb and become even more breathtaking as you go up! I do have to say I met a couple of hikers also using the AllTrails app, and we could not find the trail that lead to the end of Soldiers Pass. We turned east and went along Soldiers Pass Spur A. We went north past the Junction of Spur A and Brins Mesa to try to find where the trail led. It looked like the Soldiers Pass trail was narrowed and overgrown where it met with the Brins Mesa Trail. We headed back south and down the Brins Mesa trail after that. Besides that, this was an awesome hike with beautiful views!

Great hike in the wilderness. We added the Jordan loop to it. Going down the Brins Mesa trail, the view is WOW...

I loved this trail/loop. Such beauty along the way. What do you expect in Sedona, right? Moderate traffic; it seemed everyone bought their dogs out! Passed a few bikers too. Moderate difficulty because there are some inclines along the way and it was a good distance. We took Soldier’s Pass to Brins Mesa to Cibola Pass which turned out to be a little over seven miles. The sinkhole was incredible to see (On Soldier’s Pass)!

My only negative is there weren’t good Trail markings on Brins Mesa. My companion and I got lost (off the beaten path) for a while but using the AllTrails map, we eventually found our way back to the trail...whew!

Great hike for all hiking levels. Remember to take lots of water and be mindful of the time of year/weather.

We started at Brins Mesa and did the reverse hike. Beautiful views and a good mix of flat trail with steep pitches. It’s a well-traveled route but never felt too busy.