Soldier Pass to Brins Mesa Loop

Soldier Pass to Brins Mesa Loop is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I loved this trail/loop. Such beauty along the way. What do you expect in Sedona, right? Moderate traffic; it seemed everyone bought their dogs out! Passed a few bikers too. Moderate difficulty because there are some inclines along the way and it was a good distance. We took Soldier’s Pass to Brins Mesa to Cibola Pass which turned out to be a little over seven miles. The sinkhole was incredible to see (On Soldier’s Pass)!

My only negative is there weren’t good Trail markings on Brins Mesa. My companion and I got lost (off the beaten path) for a while but using the AllTrails map, we eventually found our way back to the trail...whew!

Great hike for all hiking levels. Remember to take lots of water and be mindful of the time of year/weather.

We started at Brins Mesa and did the reverse hike. Beautiful views and a good mix of flat trail with steep pitches. It’s a well-traveled route but never felt too busy.