Snoopy Rock via Margs Draw

Snoopy Rock via Margs Draw is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Don’t do it!!! This is not a trail. This map has you get off the main trail pretty early on and you are left to guess where to go next the whole time. My girlfriend and I “hiked” (aimlessly wandered around the desert hoping to not get bit by rattlesnakes) for about a hour and weren’t able to complete the loop due to the continuous guessing of where to go the whole time. If you want to see snoopy rock perfectly go to uptown shops on 89A and you will save yourself frustration and time!!

Poorly marked, couldn’t find the loop

I couldn't find it, and I'm an avid hiker who can definitely stay on a trail.

This trail is HORRIBLE! There are no signs leading the way. My son and I got terribly lost and had to follow the dried river bed. Plus very, very weak reception. DO NOT take your children on this hike at all. It is NOT an easy hike. Actually at times dangerous. Instead go have an ice cream at Baskin Robbins and sit outside. Look up and you will have a wonderful view of Snoopy.

This is a poorly marked trail. In fact, there are zero signs telling you that you have started the loop. You will need to use the app when you get to the start of the loop. There are a lot of loose rocks on the path. It’s pretty, but there are better paths in Sedona.

great hike up close to the red rocks. snoopy is one of my favorite rock formations and therefore it was fun to see him up close. We rock hopped over to see him from Marge's draw before we headed back to this loop trail. it's definitely hard to stay on the trail. several times we had to look on the map and at the end we accidentally ended back on Marge's draw instead of the trail back to the parking lot. overall beautiful views . we didn't see anyone else out which was nice. I'd recommend this trail, just be prepared for some exploring.

Hard to find the way. No signal.

Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Climbed Snoopy Rock looking for a geocache! Did not find it! Vistas made that ok! so beautiful...

Monday, July 10, 2017

go beyond your boundaries

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Not well marked but a beautiful hike. We were all over the place trying to find the trail up to Snoopy; we'd find it and then lose it - shimmy up rocks - find it again and then lose it. But somehow we made it all the way up. Coming down it was easier to stay on the trail. Didn't even make it around the loop because we had spent so much time wandering around. Another hike for another day.

Monday, April 17, 2017

Beautiful, with great spots for kids to climb and play.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Great run! Had to stop a few times to snap pix, entrance looked intimidating at first but turned to great hard surface trail for most of the way, a few well placed steps made it interesting!

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Nice easy hike with scenic views of Sedona and the Red Rock Wilderness

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

The first part of the trail was easy and a nice view, but we couldn't locate the trail leading up to Snoopy. We kept thinking we were on it and then it would dead end. It was nice nonetheless but I wish it was marked better.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Snoopy Rock is reached off Margs Draw trail. An unmarked social trail leaves to the left as you walk south. It is hard to find but if you do it proceeds up to the belly of Snoopy.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Very scenic trail, we really enjoyed the views of the valley of Sedona from this point. The trail starts at a certain elevation with respect to the valley and there is only a section at the beginning where you have to climb a little. It is not strenous at all. The access to traihead and parking lot are just past mile post 312 as you head to Sedona from the village of Oak Creek look for a road to the right called Sombart Lane. Turn right and go 0.1 miles to the parking area on the left. You will get to Snoopy Rock via Marg's Draw trail. Bring a camera!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

So beautiful!! I've hiked it several times. Too bad I don't have pics to share.

recorded Snoopy