Skyline and Quartz Mine Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(155)
Skyline Regional Park

Skyline and Quartz Mine Loop is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Buckeye, Arizona that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 954 feet Route Type: Loop

Little shade on summer mornings

One of my all time favorite hikes to go on!!

The trails are really well marked. Impossible to get lost. Great views. The summit trail is pretty steep. Love it

Came down Mountain Wash instead of going down the Skyline Trail. Great trail.

Nice hike with various trails so you can customise to your time, ability etc. Dog friendly which is a bonus for me and my beagle, I visit often. Highly recommended

Skyline park is great for being able to customize length and elevation. We did Quartz mine to skyline and back via Turnbuckle. We really enjoyed the moderate challenge of a fair bit of elevation as well as it having quite nice 360 degree views in places and being low traffic on a Wednesday in January. Would definitely consider doing again ( only a 30 minute drive for us) and appreciated having good parking and trailhead bathrooms

Nice hike. Never hiked any of the trails before. This one is sufficiently challenging. Some good stretches of elevation. Trail markings at beginning of the trail were small and a little confusing and we got lost one time. The app helped us get back on trail. Would do this trail again and would add the Skyline Crest.

This trail is is a great and hike and very well marked. Starting on the right side leaves you with a big hill towards the end, which you may prefer!

This is a good hike but very hilly in the beginning. I’m out of shape and the beginning of the hike was quite tough but I made it through. Overall I would do the hike again to build up strength

First time at Skyline Regional Park, but I will definitely be back! I loved the trail!

Wed Apr 17 2019

Nice elevation gains in some spots. Pretty decent views in the distance. A relatively easy hike.

Sun Mar 17 2019

My choice loop here. Skyline doesn't have much to look at other than rocks, wildflowers and vistas. But this is the best trail there with that being said.

Combination of trails, lots of elevation and exhilarating wind. Would title this Chuckwalla Hike because of the huge, brilliantly colored chuckwalla we saw on skyline trail summit.

Sun Feb 10 2019

This was a great trail. It was marked very well and easy to follow along the way. I will definitely come back and try another trail.

Mon Feb 04 2019

love this trail going both directions. great work out at the end of the day

Sun Nov 11 2018

great workout!

Sat Nov 10 2018

This was stunning. I can’t say much more than that. I also caught a desert tortoise passing through.

Fri Jul 27 2018

Nice trail, just too hot when going after 10am in July!

Sat May 19 2018

Great views, good hike. Some up hill, little shade

Thu Apr 05 2018

Great hike, beautiful city views! We connected to Skyline Crest and climbed the summit as well. Very well marked trails. Good shoes and lots of water are a must!

Sun Jan 21 2018