Silly Mountain Trail

Silly Mountain Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Silly Mountain Park is on the edge of Apache Junction and Gold Canyon. It has a few miles of new trails that loop around the mountain. It's a nice hike with kids/pets. Used by bikers and runners too. Great views of the Phoenix Valley. There is a short nature trail that is ADA accessible.

This was a nice hike. You don't need a pass or to pay a fee for this trail so that's a plus! Once you get to the very top it is somewhat unclear which path to take down. So many options! We are definitely going to take our dog next time we go.

I hiked this one a while back and enjoyed quite much. I took my dad who wasn't a hiker and he did good. Pretty easy hike located right off of Highway 60. This is the hike to take if you're not ready for the big-time; the neighboring Superstition Mountain Wilderness. Plus there's no fee to get in!

I enjoyed these trails. I have lived in Arizona and hiked trails since I was a small child but I consider myself a novice hiker. These trails are not too terribly challenging. Make certain to have water and use the restroom before starting up.

If you want a quick, some cardio hike, this is a good close to freeway hike. Always friendly, great people, dog loving fellow hikers!

Good running trail close in to the city.

Enjoy running incline/ decline loops for a wonderful morning exercise.

Great trails for the kids because it's a loop. If you decide to cut the trip short, you can just take any one of the crosscut trails and still not have to backtrack.

This trail is great for first time hikers. All the traffic on the trail helps to navigate the direction to go.

Easy trail you can do a variety of things with. Ok views but population and highways around... Not secluded like any of the Superstition Trails.