Silly Mountain Trail

Silly Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Silly Mountain Park is on the edge of Apache Junction and Gold Canyon. It has a few miles of new trails that loop around the mountain. It's a nice hike with kids/pets. Used by bikers and runners too. Great views of the Phoenix Valley. There is a short nature trail that is ADA accessible.

Silly Mtn is just across Hwy 60 from our RV Resort and every time we pass the parking lot we see many cars parked there. Finally my hiking group walked over from Canyon Vistas RV Resort and hiked the loop you see here, plus every "cross path" for a total of about 6 miles. The group marked it Easy to Moderate but there wasn't much in the easy category... but the scenery was a big surprise and I'm glad I did it!!!!!!!

Decent views. Easy to access. A bit too close to the highway for my liking.

Great for a nice walk, a number of different trails and good views.

4 stars mostly for sentimental value. Some nice views of the Superstitions and one confusing part where the trail follows a less than obvious route.

The trail was okay. A lot of rocks. Very confusing trail. It’s not Silly Trail it has different names and at the near end loop I could not find the trail instead of that I went in Mt Baldy trail to get to my car. I give 3 stars two reason are a lot of rocks but the major reason is the trails are very confusing. Yes I use All Trail Map by the way

Perfect for a warm up for longer hikes. Not much to see but enjoyable

Nice trail close to home!

Loved this hike!!! Nice blend of moderate and difficultly.

great hike when you need a quick easy one. view from the top shows you the bigger surrounding mountains. absolutely no shade

If you’re looking for a trail that will kick your butt and have great views of the Superstitions. This is your kinda trail! The first part of the trail is a great incline to the top with some of the trail being very rocky. The other parts are taking big steps up into other rocks. Once at the top there’s a couple different ways to take but the overall trail is a big circle. I personally wouldn’t take my dog on this trail compared to others we have taken her on. I would love to do this trail during sunset or sunrise next.

Hiked with our dog. Warnings were up because a fox with potential rabies was spotted in the area. We went counter clockwise which meant tackling the steep section first and the rest became an easy walk. Nice view of Superstition Mountains from the top.

Super fun easy hike

Great trail

Fun trail. Good view from the top.

nice place

moderate trail. Great views.

Easy to moderate hike. don't let the name huff & puff scare you a little vigerous but short.

Free/Bathroom! Pretty Views, Huff & Puff Trail will get your heart going via incline. Nice hour rocky walk...would rate as Easy.

Moderately difficult hike with views of urban sprawl and the roar of freeway traffic.

Definitely not too rigorous.. great challenge for beginners

Great, low intensity hike...perfect for a sunrise or sunset hike, as it is easily accessible and relatively quick to get up. Excellent photo opportunities and views at the top!

Fun, fairly easy, nice views.

A family favorite. Easy, and we like the 360° view from the top.

Will definitely go again

nice hike, a little rocky in spots and lots of traffic.

Great trail for a couple hours. You can choose different loops/directions along trail to get more of a workout hike. Good family hike and great for the dog!!

Fun hike to take the kids on!

Really easy hike more of a walk. Very good place to go for sun sets get a great view of part of the valley.

No fee to park! Easy to find trailhead and just a fun hike with great views!
Accidentally took a cross cut (Old Baldy Trail) and cut my hike a bit short.

No mountain bikes allowed at this