Shoshone Point Trail

Shoshone Point Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Canyon, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November.

So good and easy for kids! Beautiful views at the end, it would be amazing at sunrise/sunset

best kept secret.
super impressed with the view. 240 degrees.
take a lunch and a book.
spend a lazy afternoon in quiet!

This is an easy and enjoyable hike for an amazing and uncrowded view of the Canyon. We did it at sunset and took a picnic with us. It’s my favorite hike at the Grand Canyon. Be sure to hike all the way out to the rocky overlook, but I wouldn’t take small children out there.

Short, easy, and really cool at the end! Has a restroom also. No hills.

What a great hike! Very desolate with little to no people on the walk to the point. There was actually a wedding the first day we went!! Very jealous we didn’t think of having our ceremony there as you can truly get an incredible panoramic view of the canyon. Highly recommend for everyone!! Strollers/wheelchairs could easily be pushed there

Beautiful views! Short, easy hike with massive payoffs! Toilet available at the end, along with picnic tables and grill for picnicking while watching the sunrise or sunset over the south rim of the canyon.

We did this trail. we had the place to ourselves from almost 2 hours, then as sunset got close about 4 others families joined us. I don't think you can find a better spot to watch the sun go down. it's absolutely breathtaking and definitely worth the easy, flat 1 mile walk out there

We did this for an easier walk the day after a more strenuous trial. The views are absolutely breathtaking. You walk a flat road trail with lots of trees up to the canyon, there are spots with tables and a bathroom, if you can bring lunch it would be a great place to eat. You’ll see an area you can continue to walk up, there is a big rock in the middle of you walk out there are the most incredible 365 degree views of the canyon we encountered only 2 or 3 people. A must do if you have some extra time and and to avoid lots of people. I wouldn’t bring kids with you out to the point as it is extremely dangerous but really cool and worth if it you trust yourself

Absolutely amazing!! The hike is extremely simple & flat but then you get to the end it’s the most stunning view. The view from the picnic tables is great but nothing like walking out to the ledge. When my husband and I got to the end (10:15am) we were the only people there. Never have I been in such a quiet place. It was so quiet we heard a birds wings flapping as it flew past us. Slowly about ten people came out, which was nice cause we needed some photos. As we left we passed about 15 people. As with most hikes the earlier the better.

The best view!

I almost done want to leave a review to keep this spot secret. It is kinda difficult to find because there are no signs of any kind, and the map the give you at the entrance center is a joke. I literally waited for the “dots” to line up on the all trials app. The trail it’s self is more forested on both sides and there are NO Canyon views along the mile or so walk, HOWEVER, when you do reach the “end,” you rewarded with an amazing view and likely will able to enjoy it to yourself.

It was my favorite place we saw at the park, granted we only had a few hours, but I feel like it would be hard to beat!

A lot of reviews say go to the “end” but never really say what the end is.. the fire road/trail will open up a bit and there will be a small lookout view before some picnic tables, keep going past them about 50 yards or so, and head out along towards a point. If you don’t see a large standing rock near the edge, your in the wrong spot.

Very easy, flat, dog friendly trail. Though probably not wheelchair accessible, my father who uses an electric scooter was able to go on this trail, as the path is flat and hard dirt (a few rocks but easy to get around). At the end of the trail on the overlook of the canyon, there are many picnic tables and grills. Easy parking at the trailhead (I just google mapped the trail and it leads directly to the parking area).

Very simple walk with not too much to see until you reach the canyon. Well worth it though, when the view opens up it was my favorite. Make sure you explore all the way to the point past the picnic area. We were the only people on the trail, enjoyed breakfast overlooking the canyon, and felt like we were on top of the world once we got to the edge of the point.

Amazing! Beat the crowds! A must!

Beautiful, quiet, short trail ending with astonishing view of the canyon rim. We had the whole place to ourselves. Definitely recommend!!!

Great, short hike with great views at the end!

Definately a 10!

The BEST bang-for-your-buck hike! An easy walk that leads to panoramic views of the Grand Canyon. No crowds here! Once you get to the picnic benches, continue past them to a narrower trail that leads you out to the canyon. Also, there are bathrooms at the end of the trail.

this is the best hidden gem in the park! an easy forested walk leads to a picnic area, and then if you follow the trail to the viewpoint beyond you are almost instantly rewarded with panoramic views. this is a solitary, quiet place that would be amazing at sunrise or sunset! don’t miss it!

In my opinion, one of the best views you can get without a strenuous hike. Pleasant and quiet. My wife and I went mid-morning and only saw a handful of others. Trail was very easy and saw lots of birds while under the canopy. Make sure you walk past the picnic benches to the point. You won't be disappointed.

Easy walk from the road to the actual point, make sure that you also hike out to the standing stone to the left of the picnic area. If you have time, take the opportunity to follow the trail along the rim towards the village. There is a small trail there and you get some great views of Shoshone Point.

Make sure to go out to the point and you will be fully rewarded.

Great views by ourselves. We saw more elk than we saw people and it was very easy stroll.

Beautiful views of the Grand Canyon without people. Truly awe-inspiring. Highly recommended

Amazing!

Easy trail in and out! stay for an hour just to sit, listen to some jams and enjoy the magnificent majestic views. BREATH TAKING! Pull over and stop!

Saturday, July 08, 2017

Great little walk with virtually the whole path to ourselves. Easy down the road and back. Not marked from the road, but it's fairly easy to find. Park in the lot and head through gate. Once you reach the end of the road continue past the picnic tables and the ramada to the Shoshone Point overlook. Unique rock at the end marks where to go. Beautiful views and picturesque vistas. Great for kids!

Thursday, June 22, 2017

This was by far my family's favorite hike at the GC. No crowds and great views. The hike itself is very easy, since you are walking on in car service path. The trailhead isn't marked, but don't let that stop you. It came up in Google Maps for me, and we parked in the small lot, walked around the blocked gate, and were on our way!

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Excellent hike no one knows about at GC. Hike is very easy and pets are allowed on leash. note: GC rents out picnic pavilion for special events. Day hikers cannot access hike if there is an event taking place.
The view is beautiful and you may share it with one or two other hikers. Take note of the dangerous cliffs at the Point - there is no one around to assist you if you decide to be a daredevil.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

This location is a secret gem and not many people, aka tourist, know about it. It's name should be changed to Serenity Point.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

We had this place to ourselves for about 45 min. Can't beat the views. Built a tee pee. Had so much fun! Can't believe we found this place.