Seven Sacred Pools Via Soldier Pass Trail

Seven Sacred Pools Via Soldier Pass Trail is a 1.1 mile out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 108 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Easy trail! Hopped onto soldier’s pass by way of the Cibola Pass and Jordan Trail to avoid the busy parking lot at the soldier’s pass trailhead. Only added about a mile of easy extra hiking. Loved seeing the tadpoles in the pools and even saw a snake drinking from one of them!

We did this short trail in April 2019. Was a great pit stop on our road trip from Phoenix to Page, AZ. The trail was pretty easy, but there isn’t any shade so definitely pack sunscreen and extra water. Parking isn’t ideal but there is a little lot near the entrance. However, it’s really small so you might need to park on the side of the road and trek it.

Great trail easy for kids and seniors. Take snack and sit by pools (puddle) and enjoy the morning.

short trail, good taste of area and Sedona hills. nice views, lots of interesting plant life. limited parking. seven pools were big puddles in June but still made a good goal.

Not too bad of a hike but the pools weren’t that impressive.

The hike was stunning, so beautiful! The pools were small and not that impressive but still nice

The seven pools are not far from the parking lot and you will also pass the impressive Devil's Kitchen sinkhole. Continue farther on the Soldier's Pass Trail for more great views!

Nice hike for any skill level. Trail is easy to follow and has beautiful views. The only negative is the tiny parking lot! (although this makes for a less crowded hike). If the lot is full, I'd recommend parking somewhere nearby and catching an Uber to the trailhead. The entire neighborhood outside the lot is a tow-away zone.

10/10

Easy walking trail with a few low climbs and great views of red rock formations overhead. Especially beautiful about an hour before sunset when the sun hits the red rocks; very few people there and free parking. Heads up: Gates automatically close at 6pm so you cannot get into the parking lot past that time, but you can still get out just by driving your car up to the gate and it will open. Take soldiers pass trail left at the fork to Jordan and pass the giant 200 foot deep sink hole before ending at the 7 sacred pools. Switchback or continue on to the much longer Brins Mesa trail loop.

this was a new trail for me, my friend and I took our girls,but it really was such a nice and easy hike to end up at the seven sacred pools!!I truly enjoyed myself and I can honestly say my daughter did too!!I'm glad I found this app,because i wpuldnt have found the trail without it!!

Fun and not difficult, did it with the parents!

Short hike. The pools were very small and not really worth going to. However there is a very large sinkhole that was impressive to see.

Easy walk to Seven Sacred Pools, a great open destination. We had no trouble at all spotting the pools, but some say they walked right by them without noticing. Beautiful mountain views.

Easy hike to Seven Sacred Pools. Nice views.

Definitely very easy in dry weather but with snow many were struggling to get a grip on the ice / snow / uneven frozen mud / icy rocks in the morning. Beautiful hike

Nice easy, beautiful trail. A bit muddy but doable. Look to the left or you could miss the seven sacred pools. We kept going past the pools. It was beautiful.

I would not call this a separate trail, but more of something to see off of Soldiers Pass trail

My favorite Sedona hike. So beautiful. Below the 7 pools is a creek. If it’s dry, walk down there and make your way back to do a loop. You’ll likely find heart shaped rocks. So colorful, beautiful, and fun! I completed this hike 1/2019.

did this hike MLK weekend 2018 and it was great!

As a novice hiker, I loved this trail. The beginning in and out of the wash felt tough for me at first, but after that, I started to get the hang of it. The trail isn’t always super clear, but it’s populated enough so you get a sense of how to right your lefts and all that jazz. I am hoping that the next time I’m back here, it’ll feel much easier! So proud of myself for having accomplished this one and enjoyed the beautiful views.

This is an easy trail to do. It is pretty well marked. The other reviews said the parking lot was small and it was but we found a spot right away. The pools are pretty cool but could be easily missed if you are en route to other trails!

Keep an eye out for the pools, very easy to miss if your passing through heading to other trails. A must see

Honestly got a little lost because this is a poorly marked trail but well trafficked so we weren’t wandering alone lol. We used the AllTrails app to stay on track which helped a lot!!! Also this app doesn’t mention the hidden slot canyon in between Soldiers Loop. This is probably why we got lost but we wandered in between the loop to where we were told it was and eventually found it but there really isn’t a trail so good luck! Definitely recommend but be smart and use a map

So beautiful and wonderful with two kids under 4

Beautiful, short hike. As others stated, parking lot is small.

Pretty easy trail. Super peaceful. Parking lot is teeny.

This hike should be rated ‘easy’. It’s a flat walk to the pools and they were quite beautiful. We were there right around 3pm and the sun was directly in our field of vision in front of the pools. We waited it out and finally got some good photos after it went behind the rocks. The parking lot is so SO small. We attempted to park several times throughout the day before finding a parking spot. There’s no parking in the residential neighborhood nearby. I would not have been willing to park several miles away.