Seven Sacred Pools Via Soldier Pass Trail

Seven Sacred Pools Via Soldier Pass Trail is a 1.1 mile out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was for sure an easy hike to do with family, (kids and even dogs). My children loved it and they are 12 & 9 years old. I definitely recommend it.

Decent hike. Pools were disappointing as there wasn’t much water, but the area is obviously gorgeous. Made a loop out of it and came back down the Soldiers Pass 4x4 Trail. If you have an hour to kill I recommend it.

Easy hike. Great views.

Was bummed when we drove trail head because it is gated to public and the gate closes at 6pm and we arrived at 4:45pm. So we were unable to do the full trail and chose to go as far as the seven pools. Was still an enjoyable hike, easy pace, and I thought the sink hole and the seven pools were very cool. Some good pictures along the way as well.

I really liked this relatively easy hike to the pools. I hiked with my wife and children in the springtime when temps were in the 70s. The trailhead parking is waaaay too small.

Very beautiful and simple hike.

Beautiful trail! Parking was very limited. Had to park a couple miles out on a road in a residential area, but the additional hike to the hike was worth it.

Great! Keep an eye out for the trail, it’s a little non existing.

Beautiful trail, well marked, not overcrowded with people probably due to limited parking.

The Seven Sacred Pools are breathtakingly beautiful. The Arches are really amazing. And the sinkhole "Devil's Kitchen" is pretty cool too. I really loved this hike.

The free parking lot at the Soldier Pass trailhead was so small, we were grateful for waiting less than 5 minutes for a parking spot on a Thursday afternoon in January.

The trail was easy with some small steep areas that some inexperienced hikers might rate this as a moderate trail. On the way to the Seven Sacred Pools, we encountered the massive sinkhole, Devil’s Kitchen, which has been actively and dangerously collapsing since the 1990’s according to some websites.

The Seven Sacred Pools were before the trail marker by the trees, pointing towards Brins Mesa Trail, and lined up facing west towards Coffee Pot rock. At the end “seventh” pool was a dry cavern below. There was some water from the mid January rain in all of the pools except for the top shallow bowl. I can image how this can be a beautiful cascading waterfall in a rainstorm.
No restrooms.

High traffic, not especially hard. BEAUTIFUL. Several dogs being walked.

Easy breezy.

Lovely trail. Great for my dog!
Follow all the Soldiers Pass signs until you get to the pools. We almost missed them. They’re all in a row in a crevasse.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Fun hike, did it after a couple inches of snow. Took longer than it should have, it was foggy and we missed the pools and spent a couple hours looking only to find out we'd walked right past them.