Seven Falls Trail to Phoneline Trail

Seven Falls Trail to Phoneline Trail is a 16.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking and is best used from September until May.

This trail starts in the Sobina Canyon Recreation Area - which does not allow dogs.

Long awesome trail,, the views are amazing all the way.. wild flowers everywhere ... lots of water needed for sure!! But I had more than enough!!

Beautiful hike brings plenty of water.

Nice hike. Not hard except that it took sunup to sunset to complete. Jan 20th. Lots of water everywhere. Love it.

Did the whole loop today, but did it the other way around. Due to flooding on the road/bridge, I started on the road to the Sabino canyon dam, then found a place to cross before joining up with the phoneline trail then on to Bear Canyon. This may have added a little extra distance, but not much.
It is definitely a long one; going at a slow, steady pace with a few stops, took a little over 7 hours. Most of the trail is either fairly flat or has a steady ascent and descent. There are many sections with switchbacks making elevation gain/loss pretty easy.
The weather was great and the trail was easy to follow. There were some parts that were overgrown with grass, but overall well kept.

The flocks have returned, so I parked in the overflow lot, ran a 5k up the tram road. Total mileage round-trip ended up being 17.4. East Fork was becoming overgrown. Had 2L in my CamelBak, wouldn't go so light again. Overall, amazing views and active water features.

Monday, October 16, 2017

October. Good shade well past 7 Fall, started 0615. I don't know about 7 hrs, my 10yo and I did it in 11.5 leisurely, about 16.5 miles from viz center and back. Beautiful scenery you don't see from common trails. no real water yet, pack 200oz+ to be safe. Did not see a sole until hitting tram 9, someone coming from the pool followed. Good hike, not for beginners, my boy is well versed hiker.

Monday, September 04, 2017

I'll start by saying that I love this loop. It's my favorite in the entire Tucson area. You need to get out very early if you're going to take it on April - October. Starting up Phoneline and ending on the Bear Canyon side offers the opportunity to take a quick dip in the cool Seven Falls water. There is a great landing near the high point with some large boulders to sit down and grab something to eat. Took me about 7 hours to complete.

Monday, February 27, 2017