Seven Falls Trail to Phoneline Trail

Seven Falls Trail to Phoneline Trail is a 17.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Catalina Foothills, Arizona and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking and is best used from October until April.

October. Good shade well past 7 Fall, started 0615. I don't know about 7 hrs, my 10yo and I did it in 11.5 leisurely, about 16.5 miles from viz center and back. Beautiful scenery you don't see from common trails. no real water yet, pack 200oz+ to be safe. Did not see a sole until hitting tram 9, someone coming from the pool followed. Good hike, not for beginners, my boy is well versed hiker.

I'll start by saying that I love this loop. It's my favorite in the entire Tucson area. You need to get out very early if you're going to take it on April - October. Starting up Phoneline and ending on the Bear Canyon side offers the opportunity to take a quick dip in the cool Seven Falls water. There is a great landing near the high point with some large boulders to sit down and grab something to eat. Took me about 7 hours to complete.