Schuerman Mountain Trail

Schuerman Mountain Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from the junction of Routes 89A and 179: Take 89A west 4.2 miles to the traffic signal at Upper Red Rock Loop Road. Turn left and go .25 miles, passing the high school and turning onto the third driveway to the right. go 50 yards to marked trailhead parking.

I recently did this hike with an amazing guy with big brown eyes so expressive that he can have an entire conversation without words. It was supposed to be a sunset hike, but we went pretty early, because I like hanging out with him too much to have waited any longer. To many, this trail might not seem like the most “scenic” in Sedona, the small city with almost 200 trails to pick from. But when you’re with someone like him, every trail becomes a little more special.
You’ll be hiking over crushed black rocks, through low shrubs and prickly pears, with tall grasses lining the path. Keep an eye out for the alien landing site immediately off the trail to the left. Look to the East for panoramic views of Sedona’s famous red rock formations, and to the West for clear sights of Cottonwood and Clarkdale. Most importantly though, look behind you at the great hiking partner you choose to share the experience with.
Warning: no matter how nice they are to look at, remember to occasionally check the trail in front of you too. This is easier to do when said hiking partner also makes great conversation.
Stay Gold
-Lauren Rose

It's not a loop trail & not very well marked.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Loved this trail. It was not exactly challenging but it also was not crowded. The wild flowers along the way are beautiful and the views at the top are magnificent. Would be a great sunset hike.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

a little bit boring once you get on top and start down the other side.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Make certain that you take the last leg. Scheurman Vista is a beautiful panoramic view of the valley

Saturday, August 06, 2016

We enjoyed the fact that this trail wasn't being used by many others and we found the view from the vista lovely. We think the description needs correcting, though, as we don't see a loop on the map, nor did we find one. We took the trail all the way to Lime Kiln trailhead with a side trip to the vista and it took us about 1.5 hours. Glad we did it but probably wouldn't revisit with so many other options to try.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

The fork at the saddle to Sherman's Vista is what makes the hike worthwhile. My wife is 75 and was able to make it to the too.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Trail head is right behind the high school, as in parking lot boarders the trail head parking. Trail has lots of small rocks that weren't great for walking, trail itself was not that pretty though you did have some nice views of the red rocks and Sedona. It was a nice little workout short and a little steep. Nobody was on the trail which is always a plus with me. I'm still giving it 1 star because I've seen a lot of great hikes, I will say my wife gave it a 3 so one of us must have heat stroke as it was very warm.

Friday, February 10, 2017