Schuerman Mountain Lookout

Schuerman Mountain Lookout is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice views!

This was a great hike! It was the perfect length, quiet, and beautiful views. I wouldn’t call it easy since it’s about a 600 ft climb in elevation, but besides that, not bad at all. My husband and I just kept taking short breaks to get our breaths. The vista on top is incredible and very wide. It was so peaceful; we only saw two people on our way down.

The hike was short but had a fairly steady incline. I'd say it is between an easy and moderate hike. The change of scenery was great and the view was so pretty. We got a little set off track on the way back when we realized we weren't on the exact trail we had taken up and tried to follow the horse trail for a minute to find our original trail. Both of the regular trails connect back together and return to the same parking lot and are only a little off from each other so if you find yourself in the same position, don't worry. We had a great time and the length was perfect for our last day after some more strenuous trails.

A wonderful elevated hike we did this morning. The reward is the panoramic view at the top of the trail head.

This is a nice little hike but the description is misleading. There is definitely more incline to the hike. I would say 800-1000 ft but it’s still pretty easy.

Saturday, March 04, 2017