Scheelite Canyon Trail

Scheelite Canyon Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hereford, Arizona that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from March until October.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Very pretty trail, but be warned- it is VERY overgrown and difficult to locate the path. Nice and shady in most spots though.

We didn't get beyond 3 miles in due to time constraints, but I'd go back and try again!

Monday, June 08, 2015

Not the easiest hike but it was a lot of fun!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

This trail is my new favorite. I don't recommend this trail to young children or old dogs. I had to carry my 10 yo, 80# dog the last mile to the trailhead. Not fun.

Whilst hiking this beautiful trail be aware of rock cairns and switchbacks. For the most part the trail is pretty clear but there are a lot of game trails which if you aren't careful can get you scratching your head.

There is plenty of canopy on this trail and about 6 or 7 degrees cooler than regular. You won't be disappointed on this trail. Waiting for the monsoons so water will be readily available.