Learn more

SARA Crack Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Havasu City, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 3.4 miles Elevation Gain: 308 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I'm not sure why all the high reviews, all the hikes in the SARA park area (I combined 4 of them) were relatively boring. If you do this hike, make sure to continue down to the water, I'm not sure why the red line just stopped arbitrarily in the wash. You can loop this with the arch and then on the way back do the Blue Trail/Lizard Peak and Trash Can loops (or other hikes) as well, since all the trails are all right there

Beautiful hike! Loved the landscape & canyon! This particular guide only takes you down through the crack, not all the way to the water. Expect another 90 minutes to get all the way to the water. It’s really easy to loose the trail & get lost so be warned! I wouldn’t bring my dog or small children on this hike either. Start early! The shade disappears & temps rises quick. And as always, pack extra water!

Hiked Sara Crack today on the yellow trail. The hike was great and we got all the way thru the crack with zero water. We wanted to go back on the blue trail but got completely lost due to the lack of blue trail signs. Took us 4.5 hrs to hike in total. Print a map out before hand.

Had fun with this one did SARA Crack then added Arch Rock! If looking at my recording just don’t do the little straight part just turn left to go to Arch Rock. Like these two.

This was a great hike! So many wild flowers and the narrow canyon areas were so much fun to hike through! Very rewarding at the end!!!

flooded

the trail to the crack is relatively easy. However, if you want to go into the crack and beyond, it gets challenging. There are drops that require a rope to get down and back up. If there was substantial rains, areas fill with water, and there can be deep pools that will make you turn around.

Did this hike in mid February. It is a really neat hike to do. It isn’t overly hard, but you do need to be able to slide down a couple of drop off spots, and scramble over rocks in a few other spots. But a definite hike to do. A neat slot canyon. We didn’t have any water to wade through, but it hadn’t rained in the area In A few weeks. We hiked down the yellow trail and back out on the blue trail. I’d recommend doing it that way.

bridge out
closed

Went down through Sara Crack with some friends that live in the area and up to the arched rock for some good views. The water in the crack was down and not a problem. A lot of fun scrambling through the crack.

We did this hike on 1/19/20. Read the reviews and saw notes about water and this being moderate. I would like to add that there are two drops where you would need to be able to slide down with a rope and another where you brace yourself between the narrow rocks to go down about 7 feet. If you return this way from the lake side, you climb up with the rope and use the sides to climb up. We did it with our two small dogs and have been in slot canyons before. Not sure how you might hand up and down bigger dogs. Agree this would not be good during the rainy season.

Nice adventurous trail with the kids. We did it after the rain, there was a water puddle in the slot canyon, about tight deep that we had to overcome, was fun, gorgeous slot canyon, views of Lake Havasu on the second half, bring water!

Great short hike with a little scrambling, water can be deep in a couple spots after it rains, lots of fun options for the return trip

Beautiful hike threw the narrows. Do not do this hike in the rainy season unless you want to hike threw chest high water in a couple areas. Trail goes all the way to the lake with mostly wash and sand trails.

Beautiful trail! We went past Sara’s crack, all the way to the water. Super worth it! Definitely in the moderate/hard side. Lots of climbing over rocks. Take lots of water and supportive shoes. Also beware of rattlesnakes.

heavy rains in the years since I last hiked this trail have made it more of a challenge, as large boulders newly lodged in the Crack In the Mountain provide new, and sometimes difficult obstacles. still a fun hike though

amazing trail through the crack. trail markers are horrible though, lots having falling down or lost we ended up taking a wrong trail on the way back, ended up on the red trail that added an extra 2 or 3 miles. overall nice trail

Tue May 14 2019

Amazing! Trail was hard to follow.

Mon Apr 08 2019

A great hike with a very interesting slot canyon. After rain there may be water in some parts.

Sat Apr 06 2019

I loved this trail! I went in spring after all those rains we had 2018/19 . There was still water in the rocks! We brought trail shoes and sandals. So all was great! I enjoyed all of it. Everything was in bloom. So beautiful.

Tue Apr 02 2019

the views are breath-taking. not too far of a walk, but feels like a lot more of a hike as there are plenty of opportunities to explore side trails and climb rocks.