Sara Canyon Trail

Sara Canyon Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lake Havasu City, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Scenic and not too difficult. We spent three hours in the park, and hiked the mountains, washes and rivers. Great way to spend half a day.

I enjoyed this trail. It really was moderate. Depending on what trail you pick it would vary the difficulty of it. I didn't do much research on it so seeing the crack was better than expected. A good 5 min hike between the mountain and it was fun. My 10 year old enjoyed it. We made it to the end, and I didn't have a tracker so as I was climbing up I didn't expect to see the lake and bam! What a view!!!

This was a super fun hike! Never hiked around AZ and loved this trail, the canyon was especially fun! I will hike this every time I visit for sure!

Slot canyon was amazing - there were so many different types of rock formations and colors and types of rocks.

Must do hike in this area. It's actually a 5 mile loop that goes through a slot canyon, to a scenic cove on the lake, and return by an elevated trail..

It's actually closer to 5 miles . 2.3 miles in... Gorgeous trail with a lake dip and big horn sheep to boot!

The slot canyon was great. Other than that, most of the hike was through a flat wash. There were several natural arches on the trail and a great variety of different geological formations.

Hiked in April, did not see another human around. Mountain goats, a few flowers with insects. Litres of water a must, wide brimmed hat. Wonderful secluded hike

Because of the heat, it felt much longer than the stated distance. The hike was beautiful and exciting. We mainly hiked the yellow trail through the wash to get to 'the crack.' Every time we weren't sure we were on the trail, we would see a marker. After the crack, it was a long hot hike through the wash to finally be surprised by the lake. After taking a refreshing break from the heat, we hiked the blue trail back which went above the wash and around the mountains. Bring lots of water as you will need it!!

It was a great hike! For reference (we got a little lost so want to help you) if you are trying to do the loop, it turns to the right immediately after you exit the canyon "crack". We kept going straight because we wanted to get to the water and it was well worth it. We swam with some ducks and the dogs enjoyed cooling off. Go early as it gets hot quick. If you have dogs, I would recommend bringing dog shoes for the trail back. We did this as an "in and out" by going all the way to the water where it ends with picnic tables and then turned around and went back the way we came. It has the only shade and it's more scenic. Be very mindful of looking and staying on the trail on the way back. we almost got lost toward the end and we are still not sure how it happened. probably because there are so many dirt bike trails. Other than that, it was well worth it!

This is a nice walk and going through the canyon where the mountains close in was fun and did give the sense of claustrophobia. Once on the backside, I headed up around the ridge line for a different view. The views are beautiful and you can look over Lake Havasu and see it in its entirety. I did it 2 times in a few days.

A fun hike especially through "the crack."
You must go!