Sara Canyon Trail

Sara Canyon Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lake Havasu City, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Great hike.

Scenic and not too difficult. We spent three hours in the park, and hiked the mountains, washes and rivers. Great way to spend half a day.

I enjoyed this trail. It really was moderate. Depending on what trail you pick it would vary the difficulty of it. I didn't do much research on it so seeing the crack was better than expected. A good 5 min hike between the mountain and it was fun. My 10 year old enjoyed it. We made it to the end, and I didn't have a tracker so as I was climbing up I didn't expect to see the lake and bam! What a view!!!

This was a super fun hike! Never hiked around AZ and loved this trail, the canyon was especially fun! I will hike this every time I visit for sure!

Slot canyon was amazing - there were so many different types of rock formations and colors and types of rocks.

Must do hike in this area. It's actually a 5 mile loop that goes through a slot canyon, to a scenic cove on the lake, and return by an elevated trail..

It's actually closer to 5 miles . 2.3 miles in... Gorgeous trail with a lake dip and big horn sheep to boot!

Thursday, August 04, 2016

The slot canyon was great. Other than that, most of the hike was through a flat wash. There were several natural arches on the trail and a great variety of different geological formations.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Hiked in April, did not see another human around. Mountain goats, a few flowers with insects. Litres of water a must, wide brimmed hat. Wonderful secluded hike

Monday, July 11, 2016

Because of the heat, it felt much longer than the stated distance. The hike was beautiful and exciting. We mainly hiked the yellow trail through the wash to get to 'the crack.' Every time we weren't sure we were on the trail, we would see a marker. After the crack, it was a long hot hike through the wash to finally be surprised by the lake. After taking a refreshing break from the heat, we hiked the blue trail back which went above the wash and around the mountains. Bring lots of water as you will need it!!