Sara Canyon Trail

Sara Canyon Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lake Havasu City, Arizona that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from October until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

19 minutes ago

Great Hike Great Views

Nice but a bit of challenge with many trails leading in many directions, steep pitches, some minor scrambling and rocky terrain. Great views at the peaks. Short but 68 floors worth of elevation gain, so overall it’s a hike that has pain but payback is in the views.

Fun little trail! The canyon started about 1.7 miles from the parking lot. We took our two old labradors, and they had a great time. There’s not a lot of shade before the canyon, so bring plenty of water.

Great hike.

Scenic and not too difficult. We spent three hours in the park, and hiked the mountains, washes and rivers. Great way to spend half a day.

I enjoyed this trail. It really was moderate. Depending on what trail you pick it would vary the difficulty of it. I didn't do much research on it so seeing the crack was better than expected. A good 5 min hike between the mountain and it was fun. My 10 year old enjoyed it. We made it to the end, and I didn't have a tracker so as I was climbing up I didn't expect to see the lake and bam! What a view!!!

This was a super fun hike! Never hiked around AZ and loved this trail, the canyon was especially fun! I will hike this every time I visit for sure!

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Slot canyon was amazing - there were so many different types of rock formations and colors and types of rocks.