Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Saguaro Loop and Nature Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(92)
McDowell Sonoran Preserve

Saguaro Loop and Nature Trail is a 1.5 mile loop trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 154 feet Route Type: Loop

The trail was ok, the elevation in the heat was very difficult. I had a hard time breathing in this heat. I did see cactus and wildlife that I had never seen before. I would recommend going in a cooler month

recorded Recording - Mar 24, 10:32 AM

Nice

recorded Recording - Mar 23, 03:29 PM

Wonderful

This is a good option off Gateway for a short walk with your kids or dogs.

Great light trail. A little rocky, so good ankle support is preferred but not a necessity. Good trail for kids-elderly.

Today was our first time out on the trail. After our morning workout, we were looking for something easy and not so taxing on our bodies. This trail is short and easy, suitable for all ages. We went around mid day and while the entrance and early portion of the trail was quite crowded, once we arrived at the start of this trail, we were the only ones there. It is the perfect ~30 min trail in great condition. Nice and easy!

I hiked this trail at sunrise and it was beautiful! The trail is well marked and maintained. The scenery is beautiful and I saw 2 Deer, several rabbits, a snake and an Arizona Horned Toad. I’d hike this Preserve again!!

Sat Apr 27 2019

thus was a rocky trail but easy enough. look on the maps here and you can gauge the differences in length. I'd recommend good shoes with ankle and arch support.

Sat Apr 20 2019

Nature trail was great for my 4 & 8 year old. Lots of little educational signs for the kids to read and learn about the desert. We went around 10am, which was a little hot for my youngest. There were also tons of staff members from the Conservation department there to teach kids about the Leave No Trace principles, and everyone was super nice and helpful! BIG Plus... bathrooms! We didn’t do the entire Seguro trail with kids because of the heat, and now I’m glad. I went back the next day to do it alone and I’m afraid my kids would’ve had trouble with how rocky the full trail was. Probably would have spent a lot of time avoiding skinned knees than enjoying the trail. I enjoyed it a lot by myself though!

Fri Mar 22 2019

Short but nice trail and location

Tue Mar 19 2019

Nice walk, not quite a hike but Beautiful nonetheless

Sun Jan 27 2019

Super easy hike, more like a nature walk. The views are very scenic. Anole parking and the facilities at the trailhead are top notch.

Thu Jan 24 2019

Easy trail. There are guided tours in the late afternoon/early evenings. Nice desert scenery. Not much shade, so if you’re going on the summer be prepared, but for going in the winter, it was perfect. Would definitely walk this trail again.

Thu Jan 24 2019

Overall great trail but gets a little crowded later in the day. Good to get a quick hike in.

Thu Nov 23 2017

Super easy hike for kids, plus it was educational. Then the kids get to feel like a real hiker for a half mile. Would do this with family again, but to easy on my own.

Wed Aug 02 2017

Sun Sep 23 2012

This trail is extremely short, in fact, I believe it is shorter than 0.9 mi. Once you start on the trail it takes around 8 minutes to walk around. The best thing about this area is the park includes much "meatier" paths and trails. Good for extreme beginners and families looking for the natural scene.

recorded Gateway Loop Trail