Ruth Hamilton Trail

Ruth Hamilton Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good vigorous hike. Started at Lincoln & 32nd with my dog, we ascended the peak just to the southwest of the bench on the saddleback in about 1 hour. Fantastic view, nice breeze on the top. Better wear hiking boots if you're going to climb the peak; sharp rocks will tear up your ankles if you're not careful!

Went up Ruth Hamilton (8B) late yesterday. About 110. First did the easy Nature Trail (304) loop west to east and then swung over to the 8B on the way out. I call the 8B moderate at best, verging on hard, given the steep, narrow, and Rocky trail. It's a bit of a climb with a handy park bench waiting at the top. 8B travels between Piestewa Peak Park and Quartz Ridge right next door. Not a bad little side trail.

it really makes your calves burn and beautiful scenery.

Great hike! Less crowded alternative in the area!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

I came up Ruth Hamilton today from the 8A (Quartz Ridge). I wasn't expecting that. I was first heading out the 8 (L.V. Yates) from Squaw Peak on the way to Tatum Boulevard but I somehow wound on the 8A, and then there was the 8B (Ruth Hamilton). I came back to Squaw Peak on the 8B. It connects to the Freedom Trail (304), which then goes right back to parking on Squaw Peak Drive. Heading up the 8B from the direction I came calls for some climbing, but then there is a comfy park bench at the top. It also involves some tricky footwork. Watch your step or risk a fall. I think Ruth Hamilton is one of the more interesting trails in the park.

Sunday, May 29, 2016