Romero Canyon Trail to Romero Pools

Romero Canyon Trail to Romero Pools is a 5.9 mile out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from September until May.

Starts at the trail head parking lot and immediately crosses Sutherland Wash, which flows seasonally. The first mile is relatively flat and an easy walk. The next 1.8 miles is a steep and rocky climb to Romero Pools. Romero Pools are formed along a stream bed and water flows seasonally.

amazing trail.

100 Degrees was brutal for this hike. I consider myself a fairly active person and I hike long trails a few times a month - but even starting at 0630 wasnt early enough to beat the heat. There was very little shade - luckily my friend and I brought an umbrella for this exact reason haha. The "pools" were shallow and dirty, but I am sure when the monsoon rains come they will be gorgeous. Overall a good hike - bring more than 2L of water if you go during summer haha. You'll need it!

Difficult hike but totally worth it! One of our favorites to do. Beautiful views and fun to cool off in the pools before turning around and hiking back out.

Strenuous hike, beautiful scenery

This was a moderately difficult hike. We enjoyed it and the pools at the end were nice, there was still plenty of water.

awesome hike left at sunrise made it to canyon in an hour and a half beautiful countryside

I love this hike. First mile is pretty flat from trail head then climb starts for the next two miles to the pools. Trail is pretty rocky so recommend hiking boots. Great views west toward Oro Valley.

I recommend this! The pools are more streams, but still a beautiful hike.