Romero Canyon Trail to Romero Pools

Romero Canyon Trail to Romero Pools is a 5.9 mile out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from September until May.

Starts at the trail head parking lot and immediately crosses Sutherland Wash, which flows seasonally. The first mile is relatively flat and an easy walk. The next 1.8 miles is a steep and rocky climb to Romero Pools. Romero Pools are formed along a stream bed and water flows seasonally.

1 hour ago

Gorgeous views. My favorite so far in AZ. A strenuous hike, especially back but well worth it! I highly recommend. Trails are not marked very well so bring a GPS if you have one.

Great trail, my daughter who is 12 loves it and did awesome!

This is a wonderful hike took about 4 hours altogether really a test of my daughters endurance but not to hard at all. Great switch back and inclines, would definitely do again.

This is a long shot. But I left my watch at the pools, it was very dear to me, and I wore it every day. Idk when I'll be back, but if someone finds it before then, please contact 520-255-4413, or at least take care of it. Thank you. UPDATE: I GOT MY WATCH BACK THANKS TO A FEW OF YOU HIKERS!! THANK YOU!! EXTREMELY GREATFUL.

The prettiest hike I’ve ever been on. Done it a handful of times and the only time I was disappointed was when I was stormed out randomly halfway up. Perfect length for a 1/2 day hike and the pools at the end are awesome. Be careful where you jump though if the water is too dark to visualize the bottom! We saw a person being airlifted out once.

It's a great quick fitness hike with beautiful views!

Beautiful scenery and a real challenge for my first "moderately" difficult trail.