Romero Canyon Trail to Romero Pools

Romero Canyon Trail to Romero Pools is a 5.9 mile out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from September until May.

Starts at the trail head parking lot and immediately crosses Sutherland Wash, which flows seasonally. The first mile is relatively flat and an easy walk. The next 1.8 miles is a steep and rocky climb to Romero Pools. Romero Pools are formed along a stream bed and water flows seasonally.

This is a long shot. But I left my watch at the pools, it was very dear to me, and I wore it every day. Idk when I'll be back, but if someone finds it before then, please contact 520-255-4413, or at least take care of it. Thank you. UPDATE: I GOT MY WATCH BACK THANKS TO A FEW OF YOU HIKERS!! THANK YOU!! EXTREMELY GREATFUL.

The prettiest hike I’ve ever been on. Done it a handful of times and the only time I was disappointed was when I was stormed out randomly halfway up. Perfect length for a 1/2 day hike and the pools at the end are awesome. Be careful where you jump though if the water is too dark to visualize the bottom! We saw a person being airlifted out once.

It's a great quick fitness hike with beautiful views!

Beautiful scenery and a real challenge for my first "moderately" difficult trail.

Romero is a fairly heavily trafficked hike of moderate intensity. It has a lot of variety though and it has excellent views. I've done it over a dozen times and it never disappoints.

This was my first real hike since moving to Tucson. I did this in mid August with a group of about 12 or so. We started about 7:45am and were at the pools by 8:55am. It was physically and even mentally exhausting to get there, but man was it worth it. There was a section where the water was 10 feet deep and some of the guys in the group were jumping off the cliff into the water. One needs to do some scaling of the steep and smooth side walls to be in a position to enter and exit the deep water sections. Water was cold but felt good after the hike. I decided to take it slow and take pictures on my return journey, so that took about 2 hours to complete, mainly downhill on the way back. I'll return but probably won't want to do it solo though.

amazing trail.

100 Degrees was brutal for this hike. I consider myself a fairly active person and I hike long trails a few times a month - but even starting at 0630 wasnt early enough to beat the heat. There was very little shade - luckily my friend and I brought an umbrella for this exact reason haha. The "pools" were shallow and dirty, but I am sure when the monsoon rains come they will be gorgeous. Overall a good hike - bring more than 2L of water if you go during summer haha. You'll need it!

Difficult hike but totally worth it! One of our favorites to do. Beautiful views and fun to cool off in the pools before turning around and hiking back out.