Romero Canyon Trail to Romero Pools

Romero Canyon Trail to Romero Pools is a 5.9 mile out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from September until May.

Starts at the trail head parking lot and immediately crosses Sutherland Wash, which flows seasonally. The first mile is relatively flat and an easy walk. The next 1.8 miles is a steep and rocky climb to Romero Pools. Romero Pools are formed along a stream bed and water flows seasonally.

13 minutes ago

Romero Pools is worth the hike.

Nice easy to moderate hike. Go at sunrise to beat the crowds.

Worth it - one of the best hiking lunch spots around

Its a beautiful, rewarding and tough hike. Hit the trail today around 0918, got to the pools; where there was more water than I expected. This trail is rated at moderate but I would rate it a bit higher based on the fact that it's all uphill in rough terrain. If you enjoy taking your time hiking I would recommend starting earlier than I did. It's already hot and this trail has very limited shade. Do; bring enough water; I went through 2liters like it was nothing.

The 5, 10, and 17 year old came along. A little long for the youngest but she did great! Gorgeous views, fun terrain, and refreshing pools! We had a great time. We took 2hrs 20 min to get there and 2 hrs back (5 year old's pace).

Excellent hike, very exposed so bring plenty of water & sunscreen. The pools are a great reward after the taxing hike.

Great hiking trail would definitely do it again it was a little harder then I expected but beautiful view

First moderate trail for me and took 1.75 hours to the top. Thought it was terrible time for such a short distance until I read the average time up is 2 hours. Great work out and an even better reward at the top. Hiked on the first weekend in March and had great weather. Hot at the bottom, but nice and breezy at the top. Easy drive down from PHX. I would have given 5 stars if not for the business of the trail.

Hiked this trail with my small group and they loved it. I have hiked it many times and it is one of my favorites and our group agreed completely. I agree with the comment about going up to the upper pools. There was lots of water and it could not have been more perfect.