Robbins Butte Wildlife Area Trail is a 25.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Buckeye, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 25.5 miles Elevation Gain: 593 feet Route Type: Loop

ohv / off road driving

Good terrain for sightly modified Subaru Forester

ohv/off road driving

Great trail, lots of wildlife, little challenges here and there it's cool to afterwords to see old gilespie bridge. will be going back.

ohv/off road driving

I rode this trail on my Super Enduro Saturday. It was a pretty easy trail with gravel washes that kept me on my toes. The trail had good scenery, and I saw the Palo Verde power plant. The very end of it was a deep gravel wash that was not big bike friendly, so I just went a little further down the trail to make up for it. It is a good beginner trail. I averaged about 40 mph on the way back.

Well kept trail that is great if you have a full size camper that can’t get many places off-road, which is why we camped here. While we have an off-toad capable camper, or friend don’t. So this was perfect for camping with them. Close to town so not a far drive, 45 minutes from my house in Waddell and it’s close to stores if you forget something. Lots of people hunting and shooting out in the area and several groups of Hunting dog trainers that feel like they own the place and set up courses and events out there. Found a really good camping spot that was surrounded by trees and off the road a bit with a neat looking tree stump in the center of it, the only problem with it is that somebody set up a beekeepers bee hive right in the spot. Not sure why somebody would do that, but we just left the bees alone and they left us alone.

ohv/off road driving

The first half is very well maintained dirt road. You can easily do this in any vehicle. After the midpoint when the trail turns south it is less well maintained. None of this requires a 4x4 unless maybe you go after a lot of rain and it is muddy. Otherwise to do the whole trail you only need pickup truck type clearance for the second half. It has great views and lots of vegetation. Easy trail great for showing those not from around here what the area looks like.

ohv/off road driving

*2019 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk stock* An easy trail that is actually easy! 2wd is sufficient! Very scenic! Good for all activities. If it has recently rained there will be lots of fun puddles to go through, some mud too. When you first enter you will reach a fork that goes right to the wildlife area and the leftto the mountain. You want to go left, right leads down a dirt road then you hit a gate. Road is very very easy dirt road. You will hit an area that has like 3 abandoned little houses in an open space. If you go right you will just go down a road that ends and there is just a ton of water, can't be crossed by any vehicle. Going left continues you on the trail. There are some rocky parts and some mildly deep dips (depending on your vehicle depends on if you think they are deep) but easily maneuvered around or through. 4wd is not necessary for like 99% of the trail. I did reach a very very rocky area that I had to slowly pick my way down and I used 4wd on my way back up (but it wasn't hard, just slow going down) otherwise this is an actually easy trail and makes for a nice drive. After this mountain rocky area I kept going and was out by rhw poqer and gas lines and just didn't feel like continuing so I don't know where it ends but I had already completed the trail. Not heavily trafficked in the morning, on my way out around 1:30pm-2:30pm I saw a lot more people on the trail. There is an area at the mountain where people set up to shoot targets, so be aware you will hear shots. Plenty of pull off staging areas and just to chill and enjoy the scenery. I loved the isolated feel once I was 40 or so minutes out. Some interesting abandoned places along the route too. As always, please clean up! Don't litter in these beautiful free places we get to enjoy!

ohv/off road driving

Just got a new 4runner and wanted a basic trail so I decided to try this trail. Got passed the ranch and was starting to round the first mountain but there was a park ranger that shut the gate on me and proceeded to yell at me saying that I couldnt be here even though there were people on the other side driving away. So I turned around and headed back and he proceeded to turn his lights on to pull me over. I pulled over and he stated that he would escort me out. So I'm following this guy out as two other cars drive by us and not a word was said to them

Mon Apr 01 2019

Took my wrangler out for the first time! Great easy fun trail to get some experience.

Sun Feb 24 2019

Very short for off road. Easy. Not worth too much

Mon Jan 21 2019

There was a Ford Fiesta on this trail... Decent views and cool old buildings. The best off roading is taking the side trails that this app doesnt show. They have deep sand and small obstacles. Just don't get lost.

Mon Aug 20 2018

I guess this place could be fun if it was muddy but sense it hardly rains it was okay. There was a little hill that was little amusing halfway through the trail.

Thu Jul 27 2017

Love this trail, easy maintained road in the beginning (Although very very muddy and there was even a giant puddle we were going through for an 1/8 of a mile, since I've been up the trail a million times we went through it) but once you get to the broken down houses and buildings is where the fun really starts. Going south down a trail right after the cattle guard is another maintained road that you follow for a couple miles until you reach the mountains. Now once you get to the southern mountain range I suggest that all stock and/ or pavement princess rigs turn around because it gets brutal. You climb up a rough trail in between two peaks and come back down which leads you on a road along the power lines, following that road will take you up another road through a couple peaks. I say again, going up these optional routes you should have a pretty built Jeep or truck. I did it no problem in my 98 Wrangler with a 4" lift and 35s. Happy Wheeling!

Sun Jul 23 2017

Went up here at night and hiked Robbins Butte. Definitely a climb up and even harder climb down. Very easy to get lost especially after dark. Seen different types of lizards, scorpions, mice, and a jackrabbit while out there

Fri Mar 10 2017

Nice easy trail. Recommend following trail back out for most-direct exit.

Sat Mar 19 2016

fun trail with flat dirt roads, any stock truck or suv can go through this.

Sun Sep 23 2012

Not too bad. would probably rate it better if I had more time to spend on it.

Fri Dec 28 2018