Robbers Roost Trail

Robbers Roost Trail is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sedona, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Awesome trail. Very rewarding sight!

Having a 4wd vehicle is a must for the last 1/2 mile of the road and even then you should drive slow to avoid any sharp rocks.

Trail is super easy but there is a shimmy or scramble at the end to get to the roost. I wouldn't consider it difficult but there is no room for error. If you slip and fall off the edge it's a 50+ foot fall to the rocks below.

I didn't feel safe taking my fiancé across so instead we hiked to the the top and climbed down the rock wall directly to the right (facing the roost). Rocks are easy to grip and if you make a mistake it's just a few feet drop to a huge ledge. Much safer IMO.

In addition to the views of the roost the top and surrounding areas are awesome to explore as well. There is more to this area than just the roost!

Loved it. Really only accessible by 4x4.. rough terrain, at least the way we came. Gorgeous views. So worth it, although I wouldn't say it was easy

F-ing spiritual! Parked my car in the main road. Unless you have a jeep or something with a lot of clearance, I would suggest that. The trail is easy till you get close to the cave. You kind of shimmy around the edge. If you lean against the wall, you feel a little safer. The view... the peacefulness though! There were two people there and I got to learn about the cave- which according to the guy, was a shaman's cave. He pointed out the petroglyphs on the wall and the holes in the ground where they would grind medicines. There was a real sense of calm and clarity. On the way out of the cave A RAVEN CAME AND FLEW AROUND US AND UP THE RAVINE! It was a crazy way to depart.

GORGEOUS! My husband and I drove all the way to the base of the mountain in our Mazda CX-5 and it was a little bumpy but if you know what your doing it's no problem at all! The view in the cave is breathtaking! We were both surprised we never heard of it, we will be going back!

Love this trail! If you use apple maps, do not turn off of 525C like the directions instruct you to do; instead, follow 525C and it will bring you directly to the trail head. High clearance vehicle with 4wd is a must for the last half mile or so. Short hike and easy enough that we did it with two small children. Totally worth the bumpy drive and short hike for those beautiful views!!

Nice easy trail. Just a bit of a scramble to get around to the actual cave, but overall pretty easy. Also with checking out the views from the top.

Cannot make it the last way without a high clearance vehicle...not a minivan.

Hard to find
Off road
Unreal views!

Absolutely stunning views! Half the fun was the little bit off roading required to get to the trailhead. A high clearance vehicle is a must. The hike itself was easy!