Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Ridgeback and Apache Wash Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(168)
Phoenix, Arizona

Ridgeback and Apache Wash Trail Loop is a 4.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking and running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.5 miles Elevation Gain: 593 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful route for an early morning run

quite a few bikers on this one these days. watch out and keep an ear open

Awesome! Lots of poppies everywhere!

Beautiful morning. Easy 4 1/2 mi hike with the dogs. Gorgeous wildflowers everywhere!

This trail was nice, but a bit bland. Other than the cacti it was great for my dog. There were many mountain bikers but space to share the trail. I’m an experienced hiker so I consider this an easy hike. There were many small children so that gives an idea as to the difficulty.

Great hike for active seniors

Can get crowded.

Beautiful trail! I seriously felt like I was in a scene from Bambi! :D This is a perfect trail for hiking, trail running, bikes, families, dogs, etc.. I consider myself an advanced hiker, so this trail was easy for me (Longer/difficult hikes on Saturdays and shorter/easy hikes on Sundays). But if you're a beginner, this trail is perfect! It is not overly crowded which makes it even better. Overall, I'd highly recommend this trail! :)

Thu Dec 27 2018

much of this trail is smooth and not rocky so it's easier on the feet,.. also it reaches a nice elevation where you get good views ... nice places to stop... pretty vegetation... one of the better trails in Phoenix area

Sun May 27 2018

Beautiful hike with great views. Plenty of shade if you get going early in the morning (we started at 6am and finished around 8).