Learn more

Ribbon Falls from the North Rim via North Kaibob Trail

hard(4)
Grand Canyon National Park

Ribbon Falls from the North Rim via North Kaibob Trail is a 16.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Rim, Arizona that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options.

Distance: 16.8 miles Elevation Gain: 5,380 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Mon Jan 07 2019

Truly MAGICAL! It’s said that the Zuni people believe they’ve originated from that very waterfall! I even climbed up into it (be careful the moss is slippery!) So we actually went to Ribbon falls not Rainbow Falls as this trail says but after you pass the cottonwood campground there’s a sign that’ll tell you to bare right and it’s not that far from there. But let me tell you after hiking the bright angel on the south rim, the north rim was a toro ally different feel. At first it was like hiking through the woods and then a jungle! Eventually once we entered the inner canyon it was flat. Going back up was the worst experience of my life but I’ll give it a 5 star rating only because it really pushed me to my limit!