Reavis Ranch Trail

Reavis Ranch Trail is a 24.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful place. Water in the creek was very low, so bring plenty just in case. Keep food protected. Raccoons and skunks were on the prowl.

This was my first backpack. Trail is easy to find the whole way, many shade points along to stop and rest. Much more uphill on the way in, the way out was pleasant. Ranch has water to refill usually year round. Lots of wildlife to see and old farming equipment half buried. No apples this year but hopefully next year. I would make this a 3 or 4 day trip to explore the land, and make a stop at Circlestone.

I have done this one several times, ALWAYS IN EARLY OCTOBER. You want to go when the wild apples are coming in. We typically hike in and out from Rogers Trough on the south side. Its a difficult hike for sure. We typically stay 1-2 nights.

Hiked to the Ranch and camped in April Highs in the 80s and lows in the 50s. Only water source is Reavis river. Seems like a lot of people use 4-6 water bottles, but if you have a platypus they work well. Not much shade, very rocky, amazing views

We hiked to Reavis Falls from the Apache trail side. This was a tough hike but at the same time wonderful. The hike in was more difficult than the hiking out. It's steep and rocky with plenty of cactus. But the water fall was amazing.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

This was difficult and took all day. We took this trail to reavis falls and although not a ton of water there was some at the falls. Want to go back when snow melts.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Saturday, October 01, 2016

....this is a wonderful trail that I hope to get back to soon. My son and I were a little pressed for time and unfortunately were only able to hike in a few miles and spend the night and back out the next day.....absolutely gorgeous!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Absolutely love this trail. Found it on a whim and I have been back to hike and backpack in. I've hiked this in February/March. The drive in can be a bit daunting (drive on the side of a cliff, but 4-wheel drive is not necessary) but well worth it. There is no shade so I recommend bringing plenty of water, sunblock and a hat.

Despite how many cars were parked I only saw 1-2 people each time I went. Wildlife is present, so do be on alert. I ran into a rattlesnake and a Gila Monster. Both kept to themselves but it's best to be aware.

I camped on one of the hilltop and the nighttime view was stunning.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Very difficult in the heat end of August 2015 was exhausting, November was awesome.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Amazing trail that is fairly easy coming from the North "th" and a slight more difficult if coming from the South "th". there is a very large camping area prolly close to about 1/4 a mile long next to the Reavis Valley Creek with cold water and great for a night under the stars. I recommend this trail if you want to just head out for a weekend and setup a base camp and have a fun day or 2 and just hang out at the creek. Loads of wonderful side trails and also the highest point of the Superstitions is only about 1/5 mile away. Enjoy this piece of history of Mr. Reavis himself. You can still see some of the old farm equipment and structure remnants. It is a very cool hike and not to be missed.