Reavis Ranch Trail

Reavis Ranch Trail is a 23.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

At the trail head there is no Info on how long or where the trail is heading ! If I didn’t had a specific trail app on my phone I would not have found out anything at all. What a pity as it’s a wonderful place to hike with great scenery !!

I got lost on this trail. It was terrifying - my own fault

This was a great hike! Saw a lot of wildlife like deer, antelope and a blue jay. It was really convenient camping next to water at the end. I'll have to come back when it's not so cold.

I flew down just to do this Trail and then flew home and Just got back from a 4 day Pack-In in the Superstition Wilderness. Trail was good to Ranch, Trail To falls and Creek was abit difficult very rocky and Carins were in bad shape but I was able to fix them as I went along Creek is abit dry but there are some pools here and there to refill your bottles, Falls are just dripping. Take plenty of water REMEMBER you're in a desert. I ran into 2 Packers that were on there way out because they ran out of water and couldnt make it to the creek to refill ......TAKE PLENTY OF WATER!!

I started from the trail head at the end of the 212. the route on all trails shows the trail starting from the Apache trail. the road was in good condition. I saw cars making it up. Great views all around, the trail is very dry. during the night, we could hear small animals out side our tent, saw a skunk. the inclination is very steady all the way up to the saddle south of lime mountain.

Beautiful place. Water in the creek was very low, so bring plenty just in case. Keep food protected. Raccoons and skunks were on the prowl.

This was my first backpack. Trail is easy to find the whole way, many shade points along to stop and rest. Much more uphill on the way in, the way out was pleasant. Ranch has water to refill usually year round. Lots of wildlife to see and old farming equipment half buried. No apples this year but hopefully next year. I would make this a 3 or 4 day trip to explore the land, and make a stop at Circlestone.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I have done this one several times, ALWAYS IN EARLY OCTOBER. You want to go when the wild apples are coming in. We typically hike in and out from Rogers Trough on the south side. Its a difficult hike for sure. We typically stay 1-2 nights.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Hiked to the Ranch and camped in April Highs in the 80s and lows in the 50s. Only water source is Reavis river. Seems like a lot of people use 4-6 water bottles, but if you have a platypus they work well. Not much shade, very rocky, amazing views

Friday, February 17, 2017

We hiked to Reavis Falls from the Apache trail side. This was a tough hike but at the same time wonderful. The hike in was more difficult than the hiking out. It's steep and rocky with plenty of cactus. But the water fall was amazing.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

This was difficult and took all day. We took this trail to reavis falls and although not a ton of water there was some at the falls. Want to go back when snow melts.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

....this is a wonderful trail that I hope to get back to soon. My son and I were a little pressed for time and unfortunately were only able to hike in a few miles and spend the night and back out the next day.....absolutely gorgeous!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Absolutely love this trail. Found it on a whim and I have been back to hike and backpack in. I've hiked this in February/March. The drive in can be a bit daunting (drive on the side of a cliff, but 4-wheel drive is not necessary) but well worth it. There is no shade so I recommend bringing plenty of water, sunblock and a hat.

Despite how many cars were parked I only saw 1-2 people each time I went. Wildlife is present, so do be on alert. I ran into a rattlesnake and a Gila Monster. Both kept to themselves but it's best to be aware.

I camped on one of the hilltop and the nighttime view was stunning.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Very difficult in the heat end of August 2015 was exhausting, November was awesome.

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Amazing trail that is fairly easy coming from the North "th" and a slight more difficult if coming from the South "th". there is a very large camping area prolly close to about 1/4 a mile long next to the Reavis Valley Creek with cold water and great for a night under the stars. I recommend this trail if you want to just head out for a weekend and setup a base camp and have a fun day or 2 and just hang out at the creek. Loads of wonderful side trails and also the highest point of the Superstitions is only about 1/5 mile away. Enjoy this piece of history of Mr. Reavis himself. You can still see some of the old farm equipment and structure remnants. It is a very cool hike and not to be missed.

Saturday, April 29, 2017