Rainbow Valley to Toothaker Loop Trail

Rainbow Valley to Toothaker Loop Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Goodyear, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rainbow valley trail is a 8.8 mile trail located near Goodyear, Arizona. The trail is primarily used for hiking. $6 entry fee per car.

Be on the lookout for horse droppings! Nice trail wide and smooth enough in most portions to run if you’d like.

Beautiful hike with moderate incline and well set path. Pay close attention to the signs to stay on the right trail!

Great views and beautiful weather

Very long trail hike. Be prepared. Not too difficult. accidentally did this long hike we meant to cut up dysart trail. It was nice we started around 8. It is still a little hot in DECEMBER

Monday, February 27, 2017

It says it's a 6.6 mile hike when in turn it was 8 miles. If you are looking for something serene and peaceful I wouldn't bother as you could hear the traffic from Estella Parkway.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Beautiful day hiking this trail. Best hiking weather today. Desert wild flowers were in bloom everywhere.

Monday, February 06, 2017

Pretty long. Very little people on trail. goes to highest elevation in the park.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Nice loop. It took about 2 1/2 hours. Very serene. I did not see one other person.

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Loved the trail. Do not take the dysart cut off. You will miss the beautiful part of the trail

Saturday, November 19, 2016

I did this hike last week and it was great.

Friday, September 30, 2016

This morning I hiked the Rainbow Valley Loop, which included parts of the Toothaker, Gadsen and Butterfield Trails. At the top of the Rainbow Valley Trail there are some pretty good views as well as the top of the Toothaker Trail.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Estrella Mountain is well-suited for horseback riding and mountain biking, but the trails are too flat and boring for hiking. The scenery is boring, there is little elevation change, etc.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Fun hike.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

It was ok. Lots of flies, not sure what that was all about. The park as a whole seemed kinda rundown, probably because nobody goes there. I didn't see a single person in the 3.5 hours I was there, hiking. I liked White Tank regional park better.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Monday, February 29, 2016

Name of trail is misleading. Intended on 3.8 miles and ended up 7 miles because we kept trying to follow signs for rainbow trail. Otherwise it was beautiful but we were not expecting a 7 mile hike.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Nice walk enjoyed it.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Nice hike for a 63 year old guy I enjoyed it.will do more of the trails in estrella park.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Good length, lots of elevation change

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Nice for beginner hike.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Very beautiful! Also, you can have the whole place to yourself

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

I liked this trail when I wanted to start running. It hardly has any incline which made it easy to jog around. It's never been crowded, I've maybe seen 1-2 other hikers/walkers, if that, each time I've gone.

Monday, March 11, 2013

I went to RainBow trail,it's a nice long walk, not impressed with views since I seen better ones, this one it's more like a walk outside.

Monday, February 11, 2013

I took the Rainbow Valley trail and looped back on a portion of the Toothaker trail for a 6 mile trip. It was a pleasant walk through the mountains with mild ups and downs. Some nice views were to be had of the White Tanks, Estrellas, and the Phoenix valley.

Monday, December 24, 2012