Quartz Peak Trail

Quartz Peak Trail is a 5.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Buckeye, Arizona that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

You're going to need a vehicle with 4WD to get to the trailhead. I would advise that people not do this trail alone due to how hard it is to get to the trail head.

A gorgeous hike. Perfect time of year for plants in bloom and cooler temps. The last part of rock scrambling gets a bit tricky but look around for cairns. The very last scramble offers a bit of climbing and some decent exposure. Really feels like you climbed a mountain. Great views. Made me want to plan out other summit hikes in the area.

very tough, take Riggs road all the way to powerlines turn right going south for about a mile turn left at trailhead.

Wow!! One of the hardest hikes I've done! I agree with most reviews on here. Personally, I think it's harder than Camelback and Squaw Peak here in the valley. Also, this is not a crowded trail but it is a hard trail. You go around corners and you think your almost there but then you realize you're still a ways out. "Be strong" :) Thanks to all who set the "guide rocks" that help immensely to keep you on track! The views were breathtaking once you finally make it. You can see West Valley and Downtown Phoenix! As someone else mentioned there's a military box up there to leave your name! Be prepared for a 2-4 hour hike "UP" depending on your level and experience.

Pretty difficult hike. Not for beginners. It's all uphill to the peak, which requires some pseudo-scrambling in the last quarter mile and then some light rock climbing.

The roads to get there also require high clearance. If you approach from the southeast using the power line maintenance road, you might need 4WD/AWD depending on your vehicle setup (tires, power, etc.). You will definitely need high clearance for the washes, they are not maintained and get dicey. Taking Empire blvd. or Riggs rd. from the west is a bit milder but still requires decent ground clearance.

I loved this hike. I agree it's for experienced hikers only and to get to the trail you'll need to have 4 wheel drive. Have fun, absolutely breathtaking views, totally worth the efforts

This trail is not for the faint of heart. Just getting to the trail head is an adventure. I used our Allroad but I wouldn't consider anything that wasn't awd and had solid ground clearance.
This is real deal desert out here. Super beautiful and you feel like the only person in the world.
I spent about 2.5 hours on the trail and was about 9.6 miles in and out. Loved it all. What a workout coming down!!
I love Estrella Mountains and I will definitely come back with everyone that comes to visit from out of town.

Directions didn't take us there! Used all trails to get there and couldn't find the trail head.

Absolutely awesome
This one won't give an inch
Great view of the valley from the top
Plan on at least 4 hours

Very fun trail and pretty hard to find if you are coming from the west. I drove through 5 miles of desert washes. You will need a 4X4 vehicle. Don't rely on google maps it will take you on a journey, but hey that's what we're out here for right?