Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Quartz Mine Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Buckeye, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 977 feet Route Type: Loop

No snakes seen today :) hiked it clockwise- first and last mile were the toughest with incline. Beautiful views

Beautiful day on the trail! No snakes to me seen on 04.14.2020 around 2-4pm.. But definitely be aware they like to be out around now

recorded Quartz Mine Trail

was a great hike. had to hike thru 3 other trails to make the loop. not too busy. plenty of parking

Only went in one mile into quartz mine. Started at Watson Rd trail by front entrance of skyline.. only 2.3 miles total with my toddler at sunset. Beautiful views only saw 4 other hikers.

This might be my favorite Skyline trail. Truly beautiful, yet challenging in that you walk on a mountain ledge for at least a mile. This really makes you focus. They rate parts of the hike as hard, but moderate+ is a better rank. Took me 2:15 as I dawdled in parts. If you hike it clockwise, the final climb just before reaching the trailhead is tiring!

was an amazing hike with great views. took me just under 2 hours to finish with only stopping twice for water and a few minutes at the summit. Highly recommend this trail as I will be doing it again. good moderate hike

Mount wash to lost creek to Skyline to Quartz Mine

Fantastic hike! Amazing views & phenomenal exercise.

The climb was challenging in parts but the views from the top made it worthwhile. Took us about 2 hours and 15 minutes to complete the loop clockwise.

awesome

Great views along the ridge line, moderate

It was a great Sunday afternoon hike for my two boys and me. The Quartz Mine trail alone isn't a loop, so to make a loop you need to link up with another trail. The end of it hooks up with Tortuga one way and a harder ridge the other way, or you can walk it back to the parking lot. We walked it back because my kids are still young, and they were already feeling it. Total down and back I think is around 5 mi. We spent a couple hours taking it easy. We would absolutely do it again.

This was my first time doing trail and trails app was on point. Definitely not for beginners in my opinion. Great views from narrow cliff trails. Looking forward to try again.

Tue Apr 23 2019

Went and checked this one out today. Fun trail. Beautiful views. Lots of bees and flys, however no issues. Just amazing nature.

Fri Mar 08 2019

Very nice hike. The beauty of the Arizona desert is awesome!!!