Pyramid Trail

Pyramid Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great workout and not as populated as many other trails

Amazing views - such a nice trail. It is short enough that you can do it in summer before the sun is really up. And if you are up to extend it, there are many other trail this one connects too.

go early on morning with a headlamp. sunrise is gorgeous!

This is tough trail riding up, but down is easy, just have to stay slow due to others on trail. Best to ride up and stay legt to make do loop.

A good workout but not the most picturesque area. Other hikes in the Phoenix area are much more scenic. Also, trails are not well marked. We were on a different trail (Bursera) until we asked if we were on Pyramid Trail. If you live in the neighborhood, I guess it’s convenient. I would rather do Mormon Trail to Hidden Valley in South Mountain or head to McDowell Sonoran Preserve or Superstitions.

30 minutes flat, 40 minutes up to top

Great hike with some good elevation gain and views.

Several sections are pretty steep, but one of my favorites on South Mountain. Great views from the top!

Moderate to Difficult elevation gain. Some pretty views both out and back. A good deal of company on a Saturday morning/afternoon, but not crowded. Took just about 3 hours with about 4-5 short breaks and a couple 15 minute breaks to snack and rest. Overall, a nice city hike.

This hike was a little harder than anticipated so I didn’t complete the 3.1 miles in but it was still amazing at the 2.1 mile point. It has amazing views!

Great hike

Great workout!

This hike was rated as moderate and I believe it was more moderate/difficult. The switch backs to the top of Pyramid Mountain were a bit challenging but definitely worth the challenge and a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when completed. Some very pretty views along the way and once on top. Trail is marked very well.

Do it all the time. Love it!

Great trail, the final climb to the peak is challenging but worth it!

Excellent views, well-marked, well-maintained trail. Definitely recommend!

Good hike in the Southern portions of South Mountain. It'll get your heart pumping for sure! Good views await at the top! I need to spend more time hiking in this area.

Narrow and steep with amazing views!

I’ve only done this once so far and it was a while ago, so not really fresh in my mind, but I know it’s really like a mile on flat ground and then a pretty good elevation gain in a pretty short time. This trail connects with other trails (I think National Trail) so you can make this as long or as short as you want to. Just turn around when you want to be done. I don’t think it’s even 3 miles to the peak, so you could just get to the peak and turn around. No need to keep going after that, unless you want to.

Incredible view from the top!

This trail can go up to 2400 elevation. Hike was tough it's better to go when it's a bit cooler. Definitely a challenge, will be back as I didn't reach the peak which is about a Lil over 3 miles in.

Smooth easy trail with gradual climb. A lot of friendly people. Nice relaxing hike, bring your dog they would enjoy it too

Sunday, June 11, 2017

First time hiking anything on South Mountain, was a lot of fun, definitely will go back in the fall

Friday, April 14, 2017

Many trail options. Amazing View and easy to follow trails that are easy to intense. Great place. I did over 7 miles and only scratched the surface.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

I love the beautiful views when you're hiking this trail

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

I live close and do this hike at least 2 times a week. You can see all of awhatukee and even climb to the top of South mountain. Great work out for running.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

This is a very nice scenic trail... Well established trail, not much rock hopping ... smooth path. But, elevation can be taxing... Go early, watch the Sunrise.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Awesome trail. Well marked and very easy to follow. The first 1.5 out is fairly gradual. The last mile or so to the summit will give your cardio a test. Lots of other hikers, runners and dog walkers. BRING WATER.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

We went left when we should have gone right but 7.7 mikes later it was still a great hike. Some areas are rough on the knees but have a great time!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

You can tell me that it's not a good trail but I think that it is one of the most beautiful things to see on a mountain