Pyramid Trail

Pyramid Trail is a 6.2 mile out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This hike was rated as moderate and I believe it was more moderate/difficult. The switch backs to the top of Pyramid Mountain were a bit challenging but definitely worth the challenge and a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when completed. Some very pretty views along the way and once on top. Trail is marked very well.

Do it all the time. Love it!

Great trail, the final climb to the peak is challenging but worth it!

Excellent views, well-marked, well-maintained trail. Definitely recommend!

Good hike in the Southern portions of South Mountain. It'll get your heart pumping for sure! Good views await at the top! I need to spend more time hiking in this area.

Narrow and steep with amazing views!

I’ve only done this once so far and it was a while ago, so not really fresh in my mind, but I know it’s really like a mile on flat ground and then a pretty good elevation gain in a pretty short time. This trail connects with other trails (I think National Trail) so you can make this as long or as short as you want to. Just turn around when you want to be done. I don’t think it’s even 3 miles to the peak, so you could just get to the peak and turn around. No need to keep going after that, unless you want to.

Incredible view from the top!

This trail can go up to 2400 elevation. Hike was tough it's better to go when it's a bit cooler. Definitely a challenge, will be back as I didn't reach the peak which is about a Lil over 3 miles in.

First time hiking anything on South Mountain, was a lot of fun, definitely will go back in the fall

I love the beautiful views when you're hiking this trail

Friday, January 06, 2017

Loved this trail! Great views!

Monday, October 10, 2016

I'm a new hiker and in decent shape.This was my first completed trail and on the way up it beat me up, but after that it was a smooth trail to hike with awesome views. The wind and scenery are special treats. I was greeted by a Red Tail Hawk circling above me. There's a beautiful view of Phoenix right below where the Pyramid ends and the National Trail begins.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

good! I hike there last Wed. this week.

Monday, May 09, 2016

it actually was a nice trail many areas to hike many paths too walk had a great time hiking the area

Sunday, January 24, 2016

This might be the most bang for your buck trail on South Mountain. The first mile or so of Pyramid is easy and flat, suitable for jogging. But after that, it's a very steep climb to the top -- a real workout. The trail can get pretty rocky and narrow, too, so be careful both on your way up and down. The views are spellbinding. Once you reach the end of Pyramid, you'll be looking down upon the Telegraph Lookout structure. Highly recommend this trail! Also, I've hiked a loop of Bursera-National-Pyramid, which comes out to around 10 or 11 miles of hiking. That loop is probably my favorite South Mountain hike of all.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Great trail to work up a sweat, no matter what time of year. The switchbacks up the west side of the first peak will make those calves burn. The view of the south valley from the top is well worth the trip.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Nice steady climb after the 1-2 mile flat hike in. Once you think you've gotten to the top, think again. Keep on climbing!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

One of my favorite running trails. You will see hikers and bikers and dog walkers and runners. Trail is marked fairly well and most times it's like a choose your own adventure book. Have you stopped in to see the Lost Ranch yet??

Monday, August 26, 2013

This hike starts very easy and then you see it the pyramid. The climb is pretty steep. Once you reach the summit it get extremely easy on route to telegraph pass or to the national trail.