Pyramid Trail

Pyramid Trail is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

30 minutes flat, 40 minutes up to top

Great hike with some good elevation gain and views.

Several sections are pretty steep, but one of my favorites on South Mountain. Great views from the top!

Moderate to Difficult elevation gain. Some pretty views both out and back. A good deal of company on a Saturday morning/afternoon, but not crowded. Took just about 3 hours with about 4-5 short breaks and a couple 15 minute breaks to snack and rest. Overall, a nice city hike.

This hike was a little harder than anticipated so I didn’t complete the 3.1 miles in but it was still amazing at the 2.1 mile point. It has amazing views!

Great hike

Great workout!

This hike was rated as moderate and I believe it was more moderate/difficult. The switch backs to the top of Pyramid Mountain were a bit challenging but definitely worth the challenge and a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when completed. Some very pretty views along the way and once on top. Trail is marked very well.

Do it all the time. Love it!

Great trail, the final climb to the peak is challenging but worth it!

Excellent views, well-marked, well-maintained trail. Definitely recommend!

Good hike in the Southern portions of South Mountain. It'll get your heart pumping for sure! Good views await at the top! I need to spend more time hiking in this area.

Narrow and steep with amazing views!

I’ve only done this once so far and it was a while ago, so not really fresh in my mind, but I know it’s really like a mile on flat ground and then a pretty good elevation gain in a pretty short time. This trail connects with other trails (I think National Trail) so you can make this as long or as short as you want to. Just turn around when you want to be done. I don’t think it’s even 3 miles to the peak, so you could just get to the peak and turn around. No need to keep going after that, unless you want to.

Incredible view from the top!

This trail can go up to 2400 elevation. Hike was tough it's better to go when it's a bit cooler. Definitely a challenge, will be back as I didn't reach the peak which is about a Lil over 3 miles in.

Smooth easy trail with gradual climb. A lot of friendly people. Nice relaxing hike, bring your dog they would enjoy it too

First time hiking anything on South Mountain, was a lot of fun, definitely will go back in the fall

Friday, April 14, 2017

Many trail options. Amazing View and easy to follow trails that are easy to intense. Great place. I did over 7 miles and only scratched the surface.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

I love the beautiful views when you're hiking this trail

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

I live close and do this hike at least 2 times a week. You can see all of awhatukee and even climb to the top of South mountain. Great work out for running.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

This is a very nice scenic trail... Well established trail, not much rock hopping ... smooth path. But, elevation can be taxing... Go early, watch the Sunrise.

Friday, March 10, 2017

Awesome trail. Well marked and very easy to follow. The first 1.5 out is fairly gradual. The last mile or so to the summit will give your cardio a test. Lots of other hikers, runners and dog walkers. BRING WATER.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

We went left when we should have gone right but 7.7 mikes later it was still a great hike. Some areas are rough on the knees but have a great time!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

You can tell me that it's not a good trail but I think that it is one of the most beautiful things to see on a mountain

Friday, January 06, 2017

Loved this trail! Great views!

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Nice trail, no pyramid though. At the top where the pyramid is supposed to be, only a rubble of rocks, if you do not miss it. I missed it on the way up, so I walked all the way to the other end , Telegraph pass looking for it. Only on the way back someone told me that, the pyramid was demolished. But, great views throughout the hike. A bit of a leg workout on the way up and down.

Monday, October 10, 2016

I'm a new hiker and in decent shape.This was my first completed trail and on the way up it beat me up, but after that it was a smooth trail to hike with awesome views. The wind and scenery are special treats. I was greeted by a Red Tail Hawk circling above me. There's a beautiful view of Phoenix right below where the Pyramid ends and the National Trail begins.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

good! I hike there last Wed. this week.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The directions for this led us right to the trailhead which I always appreciate! The trail is marked well, but small markers so don't try to look for any big signs. The other reviews on here said it was a steady incline and they were definitely right. Bring plenty of water, especially on hot days! If you go in the summer like we did, go EARLY! Get there before sunrise, no joke. There's not much shade on the trail once the sun is high, just a few spots and they felt pretty far from each other. We hiked just over 6 miles on this trail and didn't see too many people but it was August. I'm sure it's busier when it's not 100 degrees out. Got some pretty views of the city, but it's better for a workout than trying to look for gorgeous views. Definitely enjoyed this one though!