Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Pyramid to Scorpion Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(71)
Sedona, Arizona

Pyramid to Scorpion Trail Loop is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sedona, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 262 feet Route Type: Loop

We had this as plan b after our first trail was super packed. This turned out to be a great hike! Only passed a few other hikers/bikers. Amazing views of cathedral rock for most of the hike, especially if you go counter clockwise

Awesome views

Great trail. Beautiful views and no crowd. Very easily accessible, too. I would say it’s on the easier end of moderate. We followed the tip to hike the loop counter clockwise for better views, and we were glad we did.

Great views!

This is a nice trail with great views- without the crowds. It seems a bit lame at ground level, but bear with it- it gets better as you get higher. Go counter clockwise from Scorpion to Pyramid, so you are facing the best views as you come down. As far as I could see, the black trail cutting across on the map doesn't exist, but there are other trails not on the map if you want to extend your hike.

What a great trail, even if I had a hard time staying on it, I found my way back and enjoyed every minute of this half sunny and half shaded my mountain hike!

Very cool trail not crowded beautiful view

Great early morning hike with the sun rising behind cathedral rock. Perfect loop with interesting scenery and fabulous views of the valleys.

Scorpion Trail is relatively easy for biking but Pyramid Trail has some quite technical areas.

Sat Apr 06 2019

Great trail for experiencing nature and solitude. Poorly marked, though.

Wed Feb 06 2019

We entered this trail at Scorpion Trail, but took small trails straight up to the top of the mountain. It was fairly easy (but probably labeled as hard) and took about a half hour or so to get to the top. Awesome views.

Mon Jan 28 2019

Moderate hike, beautiful views. Too bad I didnt have time ro finish the whole loop, had to cut short in the mid way to turn back due to it was getting dark early in winter time.

Thu Jan 17 2019

I rode counter clockwise, starting on Scorpion then switching to Pyramid. Happy starting uphill... manageable from that direction. The steep descent on the east side (Pyramid) is probably harder than moderate, but the rest is manageable. Some really great views on the east side. I’ll ride this again.

Mon Nov 20 2017

Super fun trail. I definitely wouldn't rate it moderate for a mountain bike cause it's super gnarly. But all and all awesome rocks stepdowns all over wear a helmet haha

Sun Sep 03 2017

Nice views! Steep at some points. Did this at noon at 95 degs. A nice little hike. Easy.

Thu Jun 29 2017

A short loop trail hike offering great views of Cathedral Rock. I suggest, if hiking, taking the Pyramid Trail to start as it gets somewhat steep to climb towards the end. Then, continue on the Scorpion trail (very easy) back to the start.