Pusch Peak via Linda Vista Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until December. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Note: This trail is in the Coronado National Forest desert bighorn closure area, so between January 1 and April 30 it is prohibited to enter beyond 400 feet off designated Forest Service trails. Short but difficult hike with incredible mountaintop views. Definitely not for the amateur. Although short in distance, this hike will carry you up 2000 ft in no time. Sturdy hiking boots are recommended, you're venturing into serious ankle-breaking territory. However, if properly equipped, this hike will give you plenty to smile about as you scramble up onto 3 separate peaks before reaching your destination of Pusch Peak. As you start out, be sure and head down the trail on the left side, after about 500 yards you'll come to a fork in the trail, stay to the right on the "main trail". Once you get to the "mileage" marker look to your right (East) and you'll spot the trail leading you into the mountain range, otherwise, you'll end up making a big circle and winding up back at the trailhead. If your not up for a major hike this lower loop does just fine. A pair of climbing gloves is a big help as your going to be scrambling on boulders. Definitely intense, but well worth it, you're in for a stunning visual experience.

I hiked this trail for the third time and it never gets easy. This time I used poles and it helped a lot.

11 to the top.. no big horns this time but so many wild flowers this time.. amazing views and brutal hike as usual!! ❤️❤️

Great hike, some thorned vines loved my clothing and legs. Solo hike, some parts of trail were easy to lose for me.

Was a tough hike. The views were amazing. So worth it.

Be prepared, it’s somewhat hard up and down, but well worth it; I saw Bighorn Sheep, Golden Eagles, and Rattlesnakes.
The views from the top are great, took my time, had lunch at the top and just enjoyed the experience.

Hard but awesome !!

I underestimated this one. Got to the parking lot around 3:45 and thought I could get it in before dark. Ended up hiking the last leg in complete darkness. Very fun!! Got to see the sunset at the top. No bighorns but a couple of peregrine falcons put on a show for me in the canyon. This hike definitely was a challenge. Not for beginners but so much fun of your up for a challenge

Trip number 10 to the top and it’s as hard as the first time!!! Saw big horns again, 9 of them.. so calm and relaxing at the top!!

This is my favorite trail around. It's steep enough to test you no matter how fit you are and has a great summit. There's also a chance of seeing some bighorn sheep too.

As many times as I have done this trail, it doesn’t get easier but by far my favorite trail!! Happy lucky Sunday, saw big horn at pretty close distance, 8 of them!! And a Gila monster at the top!! Well worth my Sunday!!

Pretty difficult but totally worth it. Took me four hours. My iPhone recorded 7.5 miles for the trail.

Easy hike for my kids!

Love this trail,, saw big horns on the way up and again on the way down!! Lucky day!!

A bucket list trail! Hiked with my scouts a month ago- only made it half way. Was determined to go solo to the top. Hiked 3.5 hours up and 3 down - not bad for 63 years young. Photographed a small herd of Bighorn Sheep (9) at about 4,300 feet elevation - made the trip really worth it. 360 views from the top were awesome - signed the book - took over 400 photos on this hike. A challenge - but I love challenges!

This was a tough, steep hike but well worth the view from the top. Saw some big horn sheep on the way up. Only lower portion is good for horses. After a certain point it gets too steep and rocky.

Fairly easy hike, I enjoy the views every time I go!

Great workout, pictures don't do there justice it's beautiful up there! Took us about four hours we left at seven and finished 11ish. Saw some bighorn sheep coming down! Bring lots of water.

Very difficult, long pants, gloves helped. the 1st .8 mile is almost flat, then at the sign that says 'not a real trail' it gets hard hard hard. The views at the top were amazing. Last year saw a Bighorn Sheep.
Not a beginner trail, bring food & food. Took us 2 hours up and we hike 3 times a week!

Very challenging hike, especially the last 0.2 mile. After the end of the FS maintained Trail (less than 1 mike in), it’s very low traffic and can be super steep in some areas. You’ll be scrambling up some short rock faces and sliding around a bit. Don’t do it if you’re afraid of heights (or do it??). Plan to be on all fours through parts of it and bring lots of water and a camera for the top. You won’t need boots, Trail shoes will work fine. Views are amazing, hike will kick your a**!

The trail is rocky, to say the least, and much of it is loose and slippery, so I highly recommend the use of hiking poles, especially coming down. This trail is steep, but the view from the top is worth the effort.

Amazing hike! Didn’t make it to the peak only to the summit But being our first time hiking it was really a challenge! So worth it! Amazing views and definitely worth the hike l. I can’t wait already on my list to hike to the peak!.

The description states that the trail is closed from Jan-April because of Big Horn Sheep, this is inaccurate. Currently the notice for the area states to stay on the trail and you’re fine. There are restrictions going off trail but the area remains open. I power hiked up and did my best to trot down. If interested, there are established Strava segments for runners. Down and up in under two hours for me.

Very steep. It's lucky that it's not a long trail. About five hours totally.

Hiking boots NOT required. Trail-runners work fine if that’s what you’re used to. Trail is very good.

Hard verticals with a few spots to scramble up. If you want “quick” vertical gain and a HUGE view, this is it! Super fit hikers can do this in under 2 1/2 hours. Average hikers should expect to be on the trail 3-5 hours, maybe more.

Follow the good trail until a sign says it’s no longer maintained by forest service and go up that one. If you think you’re off the trail, you probably are. Just keep looking, it’s not far away.

Doesn’t get easier but still an amazing hike... the views are just spectacular!!

Fairly quick hike up if you are in shape. Super views. Upper trail can be tricky to find at times. Have fun.

I’m 7 years old and made almost to the top then ran down and my dad could barely keep up. Fun trail. Will go back soon and make it to the top. Dad has to buy me hiking shoes and gear first!

Great challenging hike. Start early before 9am. Very rocky, hiking boots required.
The only thing - at the beginning of the ascent to the peak there is a little “cave” consisting of fallen rocks right next to the trail. Do not stop here. Both times I have done this trail I have been attacked by the bees that live right next to it. So try to get past that spot ASAP but be careful not to fall.

Tough and very steep. Awesome views!

One of the hardest I’ve done. Very rocky and gets steeper the further you go. BUT, The view from the top is totally worth it. 4hrs RT for me including breaks and snacks at the top.