Pusch Peak via Linda Vista Trail

Pusch Peak via Linda Vista Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from May until December. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Note: This trail is in the Coronado National Forest desert bighorn closure area, so the Pusch Peak Trail is closed to the public between January 1 and April 30. Short but difficult hike with incredible mountaintop views. Definitely not for the amateur. Although short in distance, this hike will carry you up 2000 ft in no time. Sturdy hiking boots are recommended, you're venturing into serious ankle-breaking territory. However, if properly equipped, this hike will give you plenty to smile about as you scramble up onto 3 separate peaks before reaching your destination of Pusch Peak. As you start out, be sure and head down the trail on the left side, after about 500 yards you'll come to a fork in the trail, stay to the right on the "main trail". Once you get to the "mileage" marker look to your right (East) and you'll spot the trail leading you into the mountain range, otherwise, you'll end up making a big circle and winding up back at the trailhead. If your not up for a major hike this lower loop does just fine. A pair of climbing gloves is a big help as your going to be scrambling on boulders. Definitely intense, but well worth it, you're in for a stunning visual experience.

wow, what a workout, but how amazing is it to get to the top...so worth the pain.

Lots of fun, nice cool breeze, sometimes gusting, it blew my baseball cap off. Beautiful scenery. Love all the flowers, just be careful of the thorns. God gets all the glory for His beautiful creation! Wearing hiking boots and using walking sticks sure helped.

Vast views. Challenging terrain.

We did this short trail today to the first mount and it was nice. Just 1.5 miles one way.

Steep stuff. Follow the cairns at the top and take slow going down. Great views and a good challenge.

2 hours up, 1.25 down. very steep - hard on the knees on the way down. early in the morning most of the hike is in the shade. trail gets thin at times so taking time to look for sign and stay on the path. pants recommended.

We did this trail yesterday and it was HARD! The view was very nice especially when we got to the top. The wind was so strong that we had to take cover. We put our names in the jar provided and hidden under a large rock. There was also a little pewter symbol nailed to a rock. I must say that after climbing push peak, imho, Blackett's is a piece of cake. Coming up wasn't so bad except I was constantly on my 4 legs in some areas. Going down was another story. Let me say this, I'm in my 60s and have been hiking for over 3 years and this is the hardest trail I've been on. I've done almost 20 trails in 3 years but this one I'll not go back.

hard to decide how to rate, super hard but the view from the top was amazing! do on a cloudy, cool day. Gloves and a pole helped. And lots ofvwater, snacks.
Saw 3 bighorn sheep!!

If you hike Pusch Peak make sure you have plenty of water. The hike was pretty much uphill the entire way. This is not an easy hike. I felt as though it was tough hiking down then it was to hike up. Enjoy! I will never do this one again.