Prospector's View Trail

Prospector's View Trail is a 3.6 mile loop trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

camped at Lost Dutchman and walked to the trailhead to start this hike. I think it's easy with beautiful views of the valley. You don't go really into the rocks/main mountain with this hike.

Great place to watch the sunrise!

With the sun coming up over the mountains it was spectacular! Nice and cool, very interesting walk. Can’t wait to do it again with my hubby!

Great trail for family. Not super busy with pretty views

The picture either cave does not exist on this trail

Good for all ages.

Great hike! But dog poop and Horse manure are on a lot of the trail! Did it today and it was beautiful!

Nice trail! Would rate it easy and not moderate.

Great trail, took about an hour and a half with 2 dogs, a 7yr old and multiple water breaks. Not as crowded before 9am, but the parking lot was almost full at 10:30 when we got back.

The trails on superstition can be
a bit confusing. Take Jacob's crosscut up treasure loop and behind the giant bench is the prospector's view trail to the base of the mountain. Recording our hike on AllTrails helped tremendously to keep us on track. Spectacular views!! Great cardio workout!!

Really liked this hike. Pretty and peaceful and easier than expected - probably due to trail condition - really well taken care of with no real obstacles. We started on Jacob's Crosscut which was very easy. Climb doesn't pick up until actually on Prospectors View Trail. There's a nice bench at the top with a really pretty view. The descent was a little rockier than the rest of the trail. Also saw some wildlife - deer and jackrabbits.

Nice hike and not busy!

Awesome hike with beautiful views. We did the 2.9 mile loop in an hour.

great views only hike during winter summer kill ya

Easy and beautiful view.

Not a very difficult hike. Very visible.

Quick and easy hike great for kids and families. I actually took more time than usual on this one and enjoyed the wildlife and scenery.

Great trail with nice Incline for a short distance. Hubby and I completed it an hour and 1/2.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

had a great hike with great friends and great views

Monday, February 27, 2017

Hiked Treasure Loop, Jacob's Crosscut, and Prospector's View Trail for a total of 3.5 miles on an overcast Sunday morning.

Side note: I could not find the cave pictured in the trail photo :( A little disappointing.

We parked in the Saguaro Day Use lot and started there. The first part of the trail was mostly a walk, but it was nice and green from all the rain and we saw a few wildflowers. At the fork we took a right and used Crosscut trail towards Siphon Draw to pick up Prospector's View Trail. It gets much steeper there, but it's definitely still moderate and not unmanageable for someone in decent shape.

This trail has very little elevation change, but because everything around it is flat you still get some pretty good views. Green boulder is neat, but if you take Prospector's View you have to hike a little ways down Treasure Loop to see the green part. The trails are all easy to follow and well maintained.

Hike was nice and quiet for a sunrise hike on a cold morning, but I think it would probably get really crowded with nicer weather. Bathrooms and water at the trailhead, which I guess is part of what you're paying for with the $7 entry fee.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Friday, February 10, 2017

Easy leisurely hike with a slight climb.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Beautiful morning! Trailhead is in the Lost Dutchman state park, and is about $7 to get in. I went up the Treasure loop trail, then over on Prospector view trail, and back around on Jacobs cross cut. Took 2 to 3 hours I would say. Saw some birds, bees, and flowers emerging but only a few blooming.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Loved it! Fun for kids too!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Combined Treasure Loop with Prospectors View for a nice 3 mile hike, moderate climb up to the edge of the mountain then a nice hike down, very nice trail.

Friday, December 30, 2016

It was good. Have not been hiking for a while, but a great way to limber up again.

Thursday, December 08, 2016

I thought this was a fun cute hike. great for kids, the views and scenery are beautiful. slight uphill but nothing crazy.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Great for kids! I recently took my 7 year old here and while it definitely got my heart rate up, she had no problem keeping up- honestly, I consider myself to be in pretty good shape but I was trying to keep up with her!!! I'm taking my whole family there in the morning because I am sure my 5 year old and 4 year old can do it, and even my 2 year old can walk a pretty good chunk of it before he gets put on daddy's back (he's 35 lbs- I can't do it anymore). Highly recommend if you're looking for a great family hike with some awesome views, without getting too scary high.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Great steady uphill and slippery downhill with the loose rock. We love this area and the views!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

It was a good quick hike with a steady climb. Beautiful views.