Poston Butte

Poston Butte is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Florence Gardens Mobile Home Park, Arizona that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

historic site

love this trail

One of my favorite trails. This is where my love for hiking began. Love to climb to the pyramid and have a chat with Mr Poston then run off the back.

I took my dog and we ran half the trail and hiked the rest. On the ascent, we opted for the longer trail up the back of the Butte, running the first part. Despite the narrow width of the trail, the footing was solid, though runners and walkers should be aware of jutting rocks that might catch your toes. The second half of the ascent was a rockier and required more attention. Once we reached the peak, we had fabulous views and enjoyed a brief rest before the descent. DO be careful of broken bottles near the monument! This is especially important if you’ve got a dog with you. On the descent we took the rocky path straight down to the trail head. The footing was quite loose, so be prepared to slip and slide a bit. Once we reach the more stable sand, we began running again. All ‘round it was about 3.5 miles, and pretty easy (despite running I was never out of breath). I could see doing this weekly.

kind of boring..

Great beginner’s hike. Did it with our 4 year old and she did fine both ways up and down.

great trail for a beginner as its just an uphill climb. took my 11 and 8 year olds, went up the rocky path and down the dirt one. Beautiful spot for a sunset watch

Rocky, but a good hike

Great spot to look at the sunset with the allure of anyone being able to make it.

Easy and short little hike. Perfect for a little jaunt and some fresh air.

Great 360 view.

Took my children on this hike (4 year old and 3 year old). My 4 year old was able to complete the hike. My 3 year old got tired and i carried him on a baby carrier for about 10 mins total. This trail is kid friendly. no strollers. There are two tails that lead to the same location. difference between the two tails is the incline. One trail is rocky and is a steeper incline. other trail is a bit longer and incline is not a problem.
I did both trails. started out with the longer trail because it is easier. Came down the rocky path.
if your kids can listen to directions and dont run off any chance they get, then they most likely do this trail.

Friday, July 14, 2017