I've done this hike 2 times in March from the trailhead parking on the south end of Pine. I've been lost both times. There is a pool called dripping springs. If you get there, you've missed the turn for TR26 that goes to the right.(Marked) From the trail turn BEFORE dripping springs. it is approx. 7.5 to 8 miles to complete the hike to Hwy 87. After about 1/2 mile, there is a trail cutoff that says "good enough" I don't know where it goes. After about 4 miles from the turn, you will see camp Lomia cabins down the hill. another 1/2 to one mile further, there is a signpost that has a sign that points to the left for Stradling springs and a sign that points straight for Darling Rocks. DO NOT GO STRAIGHT on the trail to Darling rocks! Follow the Stradling springs arrow and cross the stream and pick up Trail 26 on the other side. From that point it is 2-2.5 miles to complete the hike up to 87. There is a sign about 3 miles from hwy 87 where some joker changed a mileage number from 3 to 8 miles to the highway. I locked my bike at the trail marker 6038 on hwy. 87 that is between mile 278 and 279 to ride 10 miles down to the Pine Trailhead. One way was enough for me.