Pine Strawberry Trail

Pine Strawberry Trail is a 8.3 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Strawberry, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

Pine Strawberry Trail 4.2 miles to Hardscrabble Mesa Rd. Go one mile or so North of Pine on left side of Hwy 87. On the right is the Bearfoot Trail and you can see the TH for that. If your going South on 87 from Strawberry, the trail turn off is just past Ralls Dr. on the right. This trail is definitely for intermediate to advanced mountain bike riders. It is pretty rocky the first 2 miles or so due to the trail criss-crossing a (dry) river bed and some areas are badly washed out from rains. Great scenery with uphill and downhill for most of the first 2 miles. Evens out in some spots but for the most part it's downhill after the first 2 miles or so. The 4.2 mile trail ENDS at Hardscrabble Mesa Rd. and if you turn left it will take you to Hwy 87 in the middle of Pine.

We hiked down from Strawberry. The views are amazing!!

Great little trail if you’re looking for an awesome workout. First mile is nothing special as it parallels the highway before cutting back away from the road, but if your taking it all the way the the FSR turn around, the views from mile 2.5-4 are incredible! My husband loved the wild game tracks and activity, and we saw a small group of Whitetail Deer. Pack lots of water, this hike gets long! Great hike, no big frills, but overall beautiful.

This was a beautiful trail unfortunately it was a last minute choice late in the day and we were not able to complete the trail. Would love to go back and complete, however, I think we were lucky this year that there was no snow on it. Visited February 11.

I love this trail, but it has been my nemesis. Over the years I've run out of water twice. Now that I see the actual mileage though, I see why. I always thought it was a 5 mile round trip!