Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Pine Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Pine, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 360 feet Route Type: Loop

Great, easy hike. We did 3.25 miles. We really enjoyed the view at the top. Only passed a few people on a holiday weekend. This will be even better when the creek is flowing as there are a couple creek crossings. We did 31, 28 then 26. We want to go back to find Dripping Springs.

Wonderful hike - took Pine Canyon trail for about a mile or so then backtracked back to Pine Loop trail to do 5 miles HARDLY anyone on the trail and it was the Friday before Memorial Day weekend I would rate hike as easy/moderate All trails map is way off on trail 31. Never got to Dripping springs

I really enjoyed this Trail. The beginning has a nice incline with fairly easy climbing. A few rocky sections that are quite challenging, had to walk just a little bit. The views are stunning and well worth the climb. At the end coming down , was flowy, fun, fast a great loop. Took about an hour with a few stops to enjoy the views.

Beautiful trail. My family and I did Trail 26 to Trail 28 and then to Trail 31. Nice loop. Plenty challenging. Some slightly technical uphill. Some technical downhills. It opens up and gets a little flowy in the end. But the elevation kicked my butt. At least that’s the story I’m going with. Glad I did this one.

Great trail for MTB! Went with family of four (mom and kids are newbies 11 & 8 y.o). It was a tough ride. Since I’m new to mountain biking I would have thought this was a moderate ride. Some parts rocky and we had to walk several parts. But it was beautiful and it was great to help us newbies practice changing gears. Also felt the elevation. Beautiful ride. Start at Trailhead 26, then go 28, to 31. Took us 1.5 hours. Lots of up and down hill. Nice ride overall, would do again. If you are conservative with your kiddos it may not be the best for you, but if you like to let them face challenges, it’s perfect.

Good Trail. Very sunny on #26 and most of #28. My suggestion for end of April through October on this trail is to go 26 to 28 then 31. That way you get the most shade at the end of your hike.

Great trail, despite the muddy trails from a recent snow a few days ago. Fair warning: this Loop is comprised of 3 trails. #26, #28, #31. The signage doesn’t say ‘Pine Trail Loop’, which it should and if you I miss the turn off to #28, you will continue on #26/aka Pine Canyon Trail and you may need to backtrack like I did a few miles In order to pick up #28 again. (Pine Canyon is an 8 miler point to point). Beautiful scenery, meandering through wooded trails, open fields, and sections alongside a gorgeous running stream. I had to rock hop the stream twice on the back section #31 a few times which wasn’t a big deal for me. Keep in mind, this was as of 3/21/2020. and stream was flowing well. Enjoy!

flooded

Easy solo hike after big rains. Very muddy some places.

This trail is becoming a favorite when visiting the area. Hiked it counter clock wise today - the creeks weren’t too high & the trail was dry in most spots. Explored a few off trail perspectives and also decided to try the lower “Shortcut” trail (trims about .5 mile off the loop total) - some will like the flat plateau it crosses. Overall an easy and very pleasant hike with nice views.

Easy trail to follow. Great for people and dogs without much trail experience.

This is a great trail to walk with kids to get a great view of the area!

Very dog-friendly trail with some views of the rim and the town of Pine. Nice easy hike!

pineview trail is trail 26. its composed of a upper pineview and lower pineview. omly lower is shown on map. (i took upper this morning so you can see discrepancy.

Took my 3yr old out today. The weather was perfect. All Trails map is a bit off but the trail itself is well marked. I would agree that it is an easy trail and great for young kids. Easy day trip from the east valley. A fellow hiker said he saw bear tracks on top but I didn’t see anything.

Saw a mountain lion on the trail halfway through! Turned around and went back. Beautiful trail but a bit of a scary experience with two young kids!

Inexperienced hikers did fine, my 6 year old complained about walking so much but did fine. Even though the forecast said sunny skies it got cloudy and we got a littler nervous about the thunder and lightening. We went counterclockwise ending on 31, and got off the trail at one point.

Great hike for anyone.

Simple, easy and close to the highway definitely longer than 2.7 miles

The app is a little off. We followed the signs for the loop and it was 3.8 miles. Very enjoyable hike.

Very nice trail. Always easy to know where to go. AllTrails is a little off though. It looks like the trail was updated at some point but just follow the trail and you’re good. Brought my 5 month old puppy and she did great. Can’t wait to explore more of this trail system.

We hiked with a 5 and 8 year old so it took us longer but it was great for them. 3 miles total. Signs easy to read.

Sat May 25 2019

Good easy hike for kids. Started on trail 31 making the loop closer to 3 miles. It took about 1.5 hours. Very pretty.

Fri May 17 2019

Great easy loop trail you can take the lower plain view This trail or the regular pine view trail which is a little longer haven't taken that 1 recommended for most anybody well maintained trail easy walking.

Sun Apr 21 2019

The trail doesn’t exactly follow the app. There is a lower and an upper trail. Was a great trail for an evening hike. Lots of shade and easy to moderate hike. Really pretty area with lots of changes to the topography. Well maintained and clean. Bathroom was not stocked (only down point).

Thu Apr 11 2019

Not “Easy”. Very rocky. Not well marked at one point. (Trail markings don’t match up with the app.) Beautiful area, though.

Mon Mar 18 2019

Did this loop hike clockwise on St. Patricks Day shortly after the recent snows had melted. Impressed with the trail, maintenance & signage. Great time of year to be here. Met several hikers in the lower section but far fewer on the Highline. The seasonal creek (runoff) that ran on the southern section of the loop was really pretty, albeit unexpected. Had two crossings; the deepest about one foot.

Sat Mar 09 2019

Came to Pine/Strawberry to hike Fossil Creek but it was closed. Bummer. We tried this one out and it was just fine. It was very muddy with a lot more people than expected but nonetheless a nice hike.

Tue Jan 22 2019

Beautiful tall Pines. Rained, but it’s still a good hike.

Sat Dec 22 2018

Fun and easy morning hike. Beautiful views.