Pima Wash Trail

Pima Wash Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Ranger Office Phone: (602) 262-7393 Hours for all trailhead areas and entrances: 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. (entrance gates close). Trails remain open until 11 p.m.

I love this trail! I used to hike this multiple times a week until I moved away. Now I just wish I could come back to this trail! It has saguaro cactus and the wash is sandy and harder to walk through than a normal trail but man I love it. Can't wait to come visit so I can come back.

This is my go-to trailhead. There are many trails to wander. A graded wider path that is excellent for bikes, narrow trails that loop around the mountain, sandy areas in the wash, steep climbs up on the ridges. Just stay aware of your surroundings if your dog is on a longer leash as could be unsafe with the cyclists. Unfortunately this trailhead is closed for renovations until late fall 2017.

It's one of my favorite Wash hikes at South Mountain.

Its a pretty easy trail. Just a nice stroll through the desert with pretty scenery. I went in the morning around 7 and there were quite a few hikers and several mountain bikers. Watch for them on the downslope they are really moving. I brought my dog and there were several other dog owners. I was happy to see everyone had their dog on the leash. Keep an eye out on your way up for the remains of the old rec area buildings.

Good hike, however I would rate it moderate to hard, but definitely not "easy". There's a couple times you have to literally climb rocks by pulling yourself up which I wasn't used to doing. You will burn a ton of calories and lots of good inclines. Overall great hike!!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Maybe the weather and the company is what made this hike perfect, but it was just that. For some reason my route didn't record. We took National Trail to the ruins and came back to the trailhead via Pima Wash. An easier hike which I prefer because I'm just getting back into the swing of things.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Good workout and great views!

Friday, December 04, 2015

very nice easy walk....check out the stone house

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Very good hike for beginners. Starts out pretty flat in the beginning until you come up to several washes that you can follow up to the peaks. Very pretty view of Phoenix from the top. Especially if you catch a sunset. There is some loose rock on the trail, so be careful of your footing and always be on the lookout for mountain bikers. There were a lot of them coming back down going very fast.