Pima Wash Trail

Pima Wash Trail is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from January until January.

Pima Wash is a 3.47 mile out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until September.

It's one of my favorite Wash hikes at South Mountain.

Its a pretty easy trail. Just a nice stroll through the desert with pretty scenery. I went in the morning around 7 and there were quite a few hikers and several mountain bikers. Watch for them on the downslope they are really moving. I brought my dog and there were several other dog owners. I was happy to see everyone had their dog on the leash. Keep an eye out on your way up for the remains of the old rec area buildings.

Good hike, however I would rate it moderate to hard, but definitely not "easy". There's a couple times you have to literally climb rocks by pulling yourself up which I wasn't used to doing. You will burn a ton of calories and lots of good inclines. Overall great hike!!

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Friday, April 29, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Maybe the weather and the company is what made this hike perfect, but it was just that. For some reason my route didn't record. We took National Trail to the ruins and came back to the trailhead via Pima Wash. An easier hike which I prefer because I'm just getting back into the swing of things.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Good workout and great views!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Friday, December 04, 2015

very nice easy walk....check out the stone house

Wednesday, November 25, 2015