Pima and Dynamite Trail

Pima and Dynamite Trail is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Scottsdale, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail for beginners

The address when you hit directions takes you to Brown's Ranch Trailhead. We found no sign anywhere for Pima Dynamite Trail. The description of Pima Dynamite sounds the same as the Brown's Ranch Trailhead. A steward on the trail told us that Pima Dynamite was likely the name 15 or 20 years ago. None the less, the trail and the preserve was beautiful. We did a hour and a half hike beginning on Brown's Ranch, to Upper Ranch and looped back to parking. There are maps on site.

Very scenic trail. Very flat and easy going. Half of the group we were with took the trail going over the mountain. They said it was a pretty steep climb and a little slippery going up and down, due to loose gravel.

For the most part, the trail is very well posted. Using this app I followed someone else's route and clearly they got slightly lost along the way, as we in turn did. While there are lots of trail signs, the issue for me was that I was strictly following the track on the app and had no idea what trail name(s) I was supposed to be following. There are several Trail names listed on the signs along the way. So you have to pay attention to the route (trail name) you want to take, and take one of the maps at the start of the Trailhead. Not sure that the map would have helped me though - I didn't take one. Overall it's a great trail.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Friday, November 18, 2016

Monday, November 14, 2016

beautiful scenery. pay attention to the trail markers!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Awesome! Loved being off the main trail on the south side of the mountain and cutting across west. Was fun easy run with my pup. Really pretty area too