Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300 is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until March.

partially paved

Hikers, walkers, sightseers and runners alike flock to this prominent peak like moths to a flame, drawn here in part because of it proximity to the city of Phoenix. Despite the crowds this mountain can still be a lot of fun, offering as it does a short but taxing climb and many great views along the short route.

best hike in Scottsdale Phoenix area. Not as rough as echo canyon but very challenging. great views.

Great workout! Slightly overcrowded and parking can get wild but the views great!

Awesome brother-sister hike!

Awesome views, clean area, different options

A little crowded but a great hike with an excellent reward. Beautiful sunrise!!

Great hike!! Recommend going before sunrise, and hike as the sun rises. I started climbing around 630am. Extraordinary views. I made it to the peak. I’m not an experienced
hiker but I am very athletic so it was a pretty difficult hike but wasn’t bad at all until about the last leg of the hike-as others had stated complete stair climber machine! I sat at the peak for awhile moving from the few areas to sit and the longer I sat the more people joined. I started the decent about 9am and on my run down it was getting very crowded but very hot. Had no experienced with any wildlife but again amazing views especially while the sun is rising the mountains surrounding captured the sunlight perfectly! Backpacks not needed just water and a snack-however I did carry one with my GoPro and snacks.

Pretty busy, but a great hike. Short enough if you're tight on time but hard enough to make it worth your while.

Fairly easy at the bottom and then a good thigh burner towards the top with more great views.

Very fun. Go early to beat the crowds!

Amazing at the summit!!

Tough hike! Almost straight up, but worth it.
I would recommend going early if the temperature is going to be high! We started at 1 pm and it was around 28C!! So hot!
Beautiful views and rocky, narrow trail

Went on a solo hike and it was great. Perfect level of difficulty for me. Took me 2 hours but I stopped a lot to soak in the views. Be prepared for lots of steps, but it’s worth it! The trip down will take probably 1/4 as long as the trip up.

Lots of steps :) Worth the trip.

Decent hike, not the best in the valley. Very popular mountain so if you don’t like crowds I’d stay away from this one.

Beautiful Sunrise if you get up there early.

I love this trail! It’s steep and tough, and there are several areas with steps/stairs. But, the payoff upon reaching the summit is so worth it! Great views! And, usually a nice breeze at the top. I love it because it’s an excellent cardio and leg workout, but it’s not too long so it’s definitely doable. I’ve always gone very early - no later than 5:45am. Amazingly, there are usually more people coming down at that time than there are going up! I’ve heard this is a super-popular night hike. And I believe it! Overall: Nice people; Excellent workout; Great views. Can’t wait to do it again!

Great workout and fantastic views. I prefer this trail over Camelback.

Great hike...the climb is not easy but it’s worth it...I stopped once for a snake :) and twice to catch my breath!!! Beautiful 360 degree view at the top!!!

Great workout. I prefer this to Camelback. The difference may be the 300' vertical elevation difference :-)

I like the views and people sharing the trail seem to be pretty friendly. Great fun for an after work hike.

Very tough but good feeling afterwards!

It was basically straight up to the peak. It's a tough trail especially if you are used to some flat spots. Otherwise, I enjoyed it! Probably a mistake to hike it at 100 degrees in the middle of the day.

I call this trail the stair stepper..my absolute favorite. go to the tip top!

My first official hike. My goodness, it’s was difficult but determined to make it to the top, plugged along. Great views from the top and along the way too. Very jagged rocks to climb from bottom to top. Almost slipped twice which could have been very bad indeed. One large bottle of water was sufficient for me but would encourage more. Gotta have good knees to make it down safely too.

Hard! Imagine being on the stair master on high incline for 60 min.
Amazing views. Very busy tho so get there early. Big accomplishment! Will def do it again

love it.

Went on a Sunday around 6am and it was quite busy. As a person who enjoys hiking for the relative solitude, that diminished my enjoyment a little. The hike itself was good - well-marked, short but uphill on rocks, and a wonderful 360 degree view at the top.

Incredible hike with great views throughout. A little crowded but worth it

Great beginner hike if you're getting into hiking.

Challenging trail. I loved it.

Really cool view of all the city lights at night. There are lots of people in the evening still but make sure you bring a flashlight!