Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300

Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300 is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until March.

Hikers, walkers, sightseers and runners alike flock to this prominent peak like moths to a flame, drawn here in part because of it proximity to the city of Phoenix. Despite the crowds this mountain can still be a lot of fun, offering as it does a short but taxing climb and many great views along the short route.

Great bring water and snacks and good shoes
I went last Saturday morning

I went out to run and met someone going to do this hike. I wasn't prepared at all and had no water. It took my approximately 40 min up and 30 min down from 6:45am-8:16am. It was beautiful and challenging, I'm not an experienced hiker cut I exercise regularly and love challenge!

Very nice longer trail with a combination of hiking and rock climbing. Excellent view of Phoenix from the top especially after dark. The park is open until 11 pm

My gal and I hiked this trail in a few hours. We're in pretty good physical shape and underestimated the difficulty of this one. It was definitely challenging but well worth the effort. Some parts are pretty steep and sketchy. Always watch your foot placement on this bad boy. Would surely hike again!

The City of Phoenix Parks and Recreation Department along with the Project Team would like to invite you to attend a project open house to learn about the North Mountain Access Road Improvement Project.
Where: North Mountain Visitor Center - 12950 N 7th Street
When: Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Time: 6PM—7PM

It's off my Bucket list, no intention of returning. It was brutal, tho I must say I'm 80 lbs overweight, but I did it, and I reached the top, unlike others who turned back. I got a head start on my friend who is a regular here and had it not been for her I would have given up. come prepared...eat first, start early, take plenty of water and even a snack because it does take a lot out of you. stairs, stairs and more stairs. Listen to your body, stop when you need to. Including the walk from and to my car, this took me 3 hours. But I stopped A LOT!

Hiked up at Sunrise. A lot of trail traffic even at 5:30 am but if you can get past that, it's well worth it. Great panoramic views.

This is definitely an endurance hike. Tall, steep "steps" that can really take it out of you if you're not prepared. Too crowded for my liking but I can say "been there" and mark it off the list.

Challenging, but worth every second once you reach the top.

Super crowded even at 515 for sunrise. I carried my daughter, which was fine most of the way but I wouldn't recommend trying to get up the scramble with a baby. Lots of regulars who know each other by name and are pretty adamant about following trail rules.