Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300

Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300 is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until March.

Hikers, walkers, sightseers and runners alike flock to this prominent peak like moths to a flame, drawn here in part because of it proximity to the city of Phoenix. Despite the crowds this mountain can still be a lot of fun, offering as it does a short but taxing climb and many great views along the short route.

Great urban cardio experience. Awesome views of the entire valley await at top. Close enough to the office to have an annual holiday hike. Recommend to avoid July and August.

Good workout. Great views from the top, especially at sunrise and sunset. Often very crowded, can be challenging to get around groups of people when the trail is narrow.

good over all hike. we did the loop around the mountain.

First time in Phoenix, had to check it out. Highly recommend.

Great trail- lots of people and be prepared to get your steps in! This is a stairway on steroids!

Did this trail by accident. Thought Google maps took me to a (moderate) trail. I'm pretty fit and I love hiking. But a scoop of plant protien powder is not enough fuel...eat some carbs before you go.The only thing that kept me going when I was almost out of water was my ego. I really like the trail and will do it again...but definately have to go prepared. I went in the afternoon...not terribly busy when its over 100 degrees. About 40 mins to get up...stopped for a couple of pics.

Our favorite hike to do when in the Phoenix area. Crowded but worth it.

Beautiful at the top--great views, especially at sunrise! Definitely lives up to its "hard" rating. Lots of steps to navigate. Loved it