Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300

Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300 is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until March.

Hikers, walkers, sightseers and runners alike flock to this prominent peak like moths to a flame, drawn here in part because of it proximity to the city of Phoenix. Despite the crowds this mountain can still be a lot of fun, offering as it does a short but taxing climb and many great views along the short route.

Too many people for me to really love it, but had a lot of fun and is a good hike!

know that there will likely be crowds but this is a good hike that is centrally located in Phoenix . good leg burner for those looking for a workout with a view.

Great hike with beautiful views. Parking was tough because it was so busy, but there was street parking down the road on the neighborhood side streets.

Great workout! I was shocked how difficult it was the first time, but went a second time a couple of days later and seems to go a lot smoother! It’s a great hike if you’re limited on time, but still want to get a great work out.

Great views along the way but a very crowded trail. Took me less than 2 hours to hike up and back.

Indeed stair master! This offers a moderately different view from camelback also it way more knee friendly. Sunset is beautiful.

Moderate difficulty, decent views

Great hike! Lots of climbing but amazing views. Had to go very slow on the way down.

If you like hiking up man made stairs and big pieces on concrete then this hike is for you. Awful. Great workout but the other "hikers" make it not that great of an experience. Loud music, dogs (love dogs, but they aren't allowed on this trail), and rude, inconsiderate hikers.

I like this a lot, great workout.

Years ago. Stair master.

A good climb. Getting to the top is what it’s all about to really feel like it was worth it!

Amazing scenery the whole way up, definitely worth reaching the summit. If you want a quiet, peaceful hike, this is a busy trail, heaps of people, but not everyone goes the whole way up. I wouldn't recommend for small children.

Busy and hard but worth it

Easier than Camelback's Echo trail. My 15 year old daughter who doesn't like to exercise made it to the top!

Love!

steps all the way to the summit. :)

Great hike and spectacular views. Straight up rock stairs, some switchbacks and flat spots along the way for breaks. Not much rock climbing, mostly stairs, so as it is a great cardio workout, it tends be be more “boring” as compared to Camelback. I prefer the big rock scramble and adventurous feeling of Camelback. Both are amazing but if I only had one day, I would do Camelback.
Took us 55 min to go up and 45 min down (which shows the down is not easy either)!
Parking was tight but not horrible and bathrooms on site, yeah!
If this summit is too intimidating, check out some others on the same site. See my review for Mohave trail #200 for more info.

I love the elevation and rewarding view at the peak. It's such a busy trail that I feel it takes a lot away from the experience. Even the peak can be so crowded it's sometimes difficult to get a picture without others in it. I have nothing against trail runners and I like to move faster as well, but I don't think this is a good trail for that. When you're following a slower inexperienced group of hikers and trying not to be rude and push past and you can feel a trail runner breathing on your neck it takes away from the experience. This isn't a go to for me, but worth doing at least once.

Wicked! I love the view you have to earn. This was so wicked from the insides to the top. Only downside was annoying trail runners. A plethora of narrow points, don’t like the guy trying to run past me while I’m dangling towards the next step. So worth it!