Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300

HARD 1,097 reviews

Piestewa Peak Summit Trail #300 is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from October until March.

Hikers, walkers, sightseers and runners alike flock to this prominent peak like moths to a flame, drawn here in part because of it proximity to the city of Phoenix. Despite the crowds this mountain can still be a lot of fun, offering as it does a short but taxing climb and many great views along the short route.

Insane cardio and really good views. Love this hike!

Great workout, views, and people!

This is my favorite hike in Phoenix! It offers a great cardio workout and beautiful views at the top!

Not my favorite hike, I’d prefer to do Echo Canyon over Squaw Peak.

Love this trail for several reasons
First u can go pretty late and gate is still open and no tickets like at echo ..... second , it’s s fairly challenging trail but u can take your time or run it finally the view is amazing one of my favs

good climb but not time consuming.

Definitely challenging if you’re out of shape (like me) but I still made it to the top. Thankful I had my camelbak full of water though!!

Very nice place to hike.

I love it 3rd time ) it never gets old - fantastic view at the peak (priceless)

Hard but worth it!

Beautiful hike! The incline was challenging, but getting to the top felt so great. Everyone could do this hike, and it’s best to go early in the morning or at sunset. My only issue with the hike is that the parking is a nightmare.. so it’s not as easily accessible as I’d like.

be sure to bring extra water, no dogs allowed on the trail...enjoy

Visited my daughter Jan 18-23. We hiked to the top and we watched the sunset on Phoenix. It was absolutely incredible. Loved to see all the way across to South Mountain where we were just two days before. Such a great view of the city. Can see all the way to Luke AF Base.

Great hike to see the big city. Great early morning or night hike as temps rise durning the day

Great elevation, step hike - No dogs allowed

Get there early to avoid the heavy traffic... trail in good condition

Possibly one of the best trails and views in Phoenix. Does get pretty busy and is not for those who are out of shape.

If you go on the weekend, make sure you go early to avoid the heavy - and I mean heavy - foot traffic and also get a parking spot. There is a smaller parking lot to the right on the drive in right before you actually enter the preserve. There is additional parking further down to the left of the road for which a line of about a maximum of four cars is formed before the line would obstruct traffic going by. One car goes in as one car leaves is the protocol.

Well marked trail, steep incline, and beautiful views. My friends and I went at 8am on a Saturday (in January) and the parking lot was almost full. Lots of people on the trail, but everyone was in a great mood. There were a few annoying people playing music out loud on their phones so be ready for that. I was also upset to see some deliberate litter on the trail. Despite these annoyances, it was a GREAT workout and one I will definitely do again. Blue skies and happy trails!