Piestewa Nature Trail Loop

Piestewa Nature Trail Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

this was not EASY. someone should check this rating system.

Awesome, scenic mostly leisurely trail. Some uphill walking but the second half of the trail is very leisurely and mostly flat. Great scenic trail.

I went hiking yesterday in the 113 degree heat. Bearable and manageable, so long as you have plenty of water and plenty of willpower! I went through a liter of water, and drank another liter when I got home. I went up the eastern leg of the Nature Trail (304), which is much more difficult than the western leg. I then swung over to the Perl Charles Memorial (1A) and around back to the Irregular Link (1C), which I climbed up and over the mountain and back to parking. I wasn't even alone out yesterday. I finished at about 6:30 in the evening, and there was somebody else going up the way I had just come down. There were also people climbing the summit trail as I drove out. The advantage to summer hiking is that the trails are mostly empty and you get some privacy. Just make sure you've got plenty of water!

First did this trail when I was a child on a field trip from a nearby school. It was my introduction to the beauty that is Squaw Peak and the Phoenix Mountain Preserves. This should be one of the first trails to take people visiting from out of town. It's relatively easy and short. Just watch out for snakes and other wildlife.

Good for first timers

Somewhat of a beginner trail but you need to watch your step. Nice view of Phoenix!

loved it!!!