Picketpost Mountain Trail

Picketpost Mountain Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Superior, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful hike awesome views. A must repeat.

hard to find a trail but doesn't really matter, keep crawling up. gloves are helpful.

Challenging, not very crowded, and beautiful view at the top. Trail markings aren't great and it's easy to get lost. There are many path options some sketchier and. One challenging than others. Narrow trails with a lot of brush so long pants would be a good idea. I would not recommend doing this by yourself if you are unfamiliar with this trail.

Great hike! The trail markings are kind of terrible and we lost our way several times on the way back down. Doing it again I think I'd leave more markings myself. And I know this is a rookie move, but we ran out of water too.... BRING LOTS OF WATER. While hiking though, the views are breathtaking, the incline is fun to include scaling on your hands & feet, and it's quite an achievement to have done it!

At first you think it's easy thennnnnnnnn wow! Definitely rated hard. Some parts you don't have a trail so definitely follow your rock guides. Then you will do a lot of rock climbing and scaling the side of a wall with a drop off below. DO NOT TAKE DOGS! The view at the summit is beautiful and the flowers in March are outstanding. Of course it's always fun to reach your destination i.e.the mailbox, that was pretty cool. On the way down people placed rocks to the left side of the canyon wall going straight down as an option instead of going back across the cliff walls to the right. Some areas are VERY HARD and tricky, I would not recommend going that way. You have to pay attention and take your time coming down which ever way you choose. I did run into a rattlesnake but if you re smart about it and stay calm you'll be fine. Read about them before you hike. In all I'm so glad I did this hike what an accomplishment.

I loved this hike! Pretty difficult and easy to lose your way on the trail. Route finding and climbing skills are needed on this mountain. Luckily I was in good hands as I went with a group and we made it up and down safely. The views from the top are simply amazing and the mailbox is cool to check out. I wrote a letter in the guest book to my dad who passed 4 years ago. He loved this area and the Arboretum down below. I may have to do this hike again sometime! Fun!

The hike was fairly easy for the first hour, we brought our dog and that was probably the only downside of this hike. At some points it was very difficult for him and fairly dangerous. I would not recommend bringing a dog if you are on the ropes, all though it is possible. The views were amazing, definitely would try again.

great and amazing hike!

I have a new found appreciation for cairns after completing this trail than I did before hand. I relied big time on those to get up and down the mountain, and they never failed me. I found it was easy to follow the trail markings up, but a bit more difficult to find the best and safest way down. Pay attention to how to go up so you can follow it back down! I never came across too many scary heights or drops offs, you just have to be thoughtful when selecting which route you're going to take. I agree with others, probably a one and done kind of hike, given its level of difficulty. Having done it alone, it was doable, but not something I recommend thinking back on it.

One of the coolest hikes in arizona! Hard but so worth it!