Picketpost Mountain Trail

Picketpost Mountain Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Superior, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Challenging yet rewarding trail. Keep going up to the east once you reach the col. There is a red mailbox at the highest point. Breathtaking views. Saw a desert tortoise and tarantula on the way up. Recommend trekking poles for the descent. My wife and I made the summit in a little over 2.5 hours.

This was an amazing hike! Very challenging both mentally and physically. The views at the top are breathtaking! The stacked rocks were a lifesaver for figuring out where to ascend/descend safely in the steepest parts. There is a lot of sliding down on your butt on the way down. I would hike this again!

Not crazy about this trail. Very easy to lose on the way down. If it's your first time do it with somebody. I would consider this a dangerous trail to do the first time by yourself. Great views from the top. Not sure if I will do this again.

Very good hike that starts off pretty moderate and then takes you up all the elevation in the last mile or so of the trail. My legs were burning and forced me to stop and rest. Most of the trail offers shade if you start early like at 5:30. Bring lots of water, that sun is a killer!

A lot of fun. The first half mile is a great stroll through a small incline. The next mile is a steeper climb but still easy to follow. The remaining distance is a scramble up to the top. It's easy to get off track but as long as you're heading up you'll make it. It guides you to the trail to finish up at the bench and mailbox. The views are amazing!

tough trail after the first two miles.

It was an okay hike

Definitely a tough hike as there really is not a clear trail however the views from the top are AMAZING! Did it by myself and as other hikers have said - probably not the smartest trail to do alone so just practice safety if you go solo. Will definitely do this hike again!

fantastic trail. if you've got the eyes and the will power... you can find/stay on the trail. Scrambles that will put your balance to the test.

I couldn't even find the trail. Beautiful views but got so lost. Horrible markings. Slightly disappointed.

Beautiful hike awesome views. A must repeat.

hard to find a trail but doesn't really matter, keep crawling up. gloves are helpful.

Challenging, not very crowded, and beautiful view at the top. Trail markings aren't great and it's easy to get lost. There are many path options some sketchier and. One challenging than others. Narrow trails with a lot of brush so long pants would be a good idea. I would not recommend doing this by yourself if you are unfamiliar with this trail.

Great hike! The trail markings are kind of terrible and we lost our way several times on the way back down. Doing it again I think I'd leave more markings myself. And I know this is a rookie move, but we ran out of water too.... BRING LOTS OF WATER. While hiking though, the views are breathtaking, the incline is fun to include scaling on your hands & feet, and it's quite an achievement to have done it!