Phoneline Trail

Phoneline Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Enchanting views of the Sonoran Desert & an abundance of wildlife. First you should stop into the Sabino Canyon Visitors Center and wet your appetite for the Sonoran Desert on the multitde of displays and reference material. What follows is an easy yet visually stunning trek that will take you through all that our wonderful desert has to offer. From bobcats to deer and everything in between, your eyes and your camera are sure to get their moneys worth. The terrain is fairly flat, and most people do just fine in a pair of jogging shoes, it goes without saying to bring some water, and in the summer....bring twice as much. All ages appreciate this trail, and on the weekends you'll have plenty of company. A small fee is necessary to enter the park, but keep in mind, your pass is also valid at Mount Lemmon and Madera Canyon.

It was great for trail running! You hit most of the incline initially and then the rest is a fairly flat cliff edge trail. Super beautiful!

Beautiful trail over the south slope, mostly in the shade.

It’s a very enjoyable trail

Took the tram to stop #9 and hiked up the switchbacks to Phoneline and then down to the Welcome Center. Took me about 2.5 hours total with a couple of short breaks. Beautiful scenery. I hiked by myself, and was grateful to see the tram road below. Great views.

Absolutely phenomenal Trail! Easy to navigate and traverse. It puts you on the edge of many parts so watch the young ones! Very long trail so start before the sun gets rolling! Stunning views along the rock faces and so VERY worth the trip. Did it in four hours flat and thats with stopping for several breaks and photographing. Can’t recommend this trail enough!!

I loved it, I love the scenery, I love to getting up out of town for awhile. Not very crowded at all, went about nine and a half miles from me my mom and my daughter I would consider this more of an easy trail my mom said it's most definitely more of a moderate type trail with lots of rocks and other small obstacles,bring plenty of water and
enjoy the views.

This trail is definitely not easy,, moderate would be more like it.. fun trail with amazing views,, took phoneline to sabino canyon trail.. I don't know why the post says I did 12.5 miles but my final reading was 13.3 miles!! Hmmmm!!

I'd say this is an Easy+ or possibly Moderate rather than just Easy. There are some rocky stretches that were fun. If you go early enough you can hike in the shade for a good portion of the trail. 11 miles roundtrip felt great!