Phoneline Trail

Phoneline Trail is a 9.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tucson, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Enchanting views of the Sonoran Desert & an abundance of wildlife. First you should stop into the Sabino Canyon Visitors Center and wet your appetite for the Sonoran Desert on the multitde of displays and reference material. What follows is an easy yet visually stunning trek that will take you through all that our wonderful desert has to offer. From bobcats to deer and everything in between, your eyes and your camera are sure to get their moneys worth. The terrain is fairly flat, and most people do just fine in a pair of jogging shoes, it goes without saying to bring some water, and in the summer....bring twice as much. All ages appreciate this trail, and on the weekends you'll have plenty of company. A small fee is necessary to enter the park, but keep in mind, your pass is also valid at Mount Lemmon and Madera Canyon.

Great views and a fun trail run! Great gnats this time of year. 4/5 sour patch kids.

Nice

This is a good hike for newcomers acclimating or visitors not content to stay on the tram, with nice views of lower Sabino Canyon.

Hike Up from Sabino Visitor Center & tram down. Lovely shade along Phoneline in am.

This was a great experience for someone used to hiking on the east coast! Took the tram to the end and hiked back on the phoneline. Just about 2 hours total and some great sights.

Great hike with lots of running water!!

This trail was great. The views were pretty spectacular going into th canyon. I've only done a few hikes in Tucson so far but this one is my favorite.

I did this yesterday. I would say that it is only rated moderate due to the length of the trail. As for the actually difficulty of the hiking, it is an easy trail. February was the perfect time to go with weather in the 70’s. Beautiful views.

A fun moderate hike. Take the $10 tram ride into Sabino Canyon and then hike out Phoneline trail. There are great city and canyon views. There are some slippery rocks and during certain times of the year there are water crossings. A great trail!

Amazing trail for the average hiker. Its almost 10 miles long and depending on your average speed between 1, 2 or 3 miles per hour will give you a clue to how long it takes. It took me 5 hrs with a few stops along the way to enjoy the views while laying back and eating a 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich at a time. Amazing views that should not be taken for granted and enjoyed as long as you can. I carried 2.5 liters of water.

Great trail. The first climb off the tram road may be a bit tough for less frequent hikers, but overall this is a pretty laid back and relaxing hike. It was a bit crowded, but the deeper in you get the crowds thin out.

Great hike. Some areas were narrow with loose gravel on the edges. Lots of shade in the majority of the hike while in the canyons. Beautiful views and lots of areas to hear echoes if traveling with young children. My 7 year old did this hike and was fine. Beginning was a bit of an incline but after that it was a nice decent to the main roadways. Nice and cool in the mornings.

It was great for trail running! You hit most of the incline initially and then the rest is a fairly flat cliff edge trail. Super beautiful!

Beautiful trail over the south slope, mostly in the shade.

It’s a very enjoyable trail

Took the tram to stop #9 and hiked up the switchbacks to Phoneline and then down to the Welcome Center. Took me about 2.5 hours total with a couple of short breaks. Beautiful scenery. I hiked by myself, and was grateful to see the tram road below. Great views.

Absolutely phenomenal Trail! Easy to navigate and traverse. It puts you on the edge of many parts so watch the young ones! Very long trail so start before the sun gets rolling! Stunning views along the rock faces and so VERY worth the trip. Did it in four hours flat and thats with stopping for several breaks and photographing. Can’t recommend this trail enough!!

Monday, September 18, 2017

I loved it, I love the scenery, I love to getting up out of town for awhile. Not very crowded at all, went about nine and a half miles from me my mom and my daughter I would consider this more of an easy trail my mom said it's most definitely more of a moderate type trail with lots of rocks and other small obstacles,bring plenty of water and
enjoy the views.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

This trail is definitely not easy,, moderate would be more like it.. fun trail with amazing views,, took phoneline to sabino canyon trail.. I don't know why the post says I did 12.5 miles but my final reading was 13.3 miles!! Hmmmm!!

Monday, August 28, 2017

I'd say this is an Easy+ or possibly Moderate rather than just Easy. There are some rocky stretches that were fun. If you go early enough you can hike in the shade for a good portion of the trail. 11 miles roundtrip felt great!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Fantastic views and relatively easy hike. We hiked Phoneline trail in then walked the road out. Just make sure you have enough water and protection from the sun.

Friday, May 12, 2017

Great views which change every twenty feet.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Very nice trek in Sabino Canyon. Most of the trail is in the shade so not bad in late spring and summer.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Great views

Friday, April 14, 2017

Great views. A lot of sun exposure so be prepared, better to go early morning.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

I love this trail, even though the first time I did it, I fell down and went splash.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hot day 90

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Awesome! Quiet if you go early. March offers beautiful spring colors!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Easy and safe and long enough to burn calories