Phoenix Mountain Nature Trail 304

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(101)
Phoenix Mountain Preserve

Phoenix Mountain Nature Trail 304 is a 2.3 kilometer loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips.

Distance: 2.3 km Elevation Gain: 93 m Route Type: Loop

One of the more scenic trails I have done in the area! So many flowering cacti and beautiful plants. Easy enough to do solo but still makes you sweat!

Beautiful flowers and cacti. Great views. Half moderate, half easy.

Not as hard as I expected after reading the reviews. Excited to do it again but elongate it. Beautiful. Hardest part was the rockiness.

100% honesty. did this hike with a 5yo counterclockwise. very steep up front and not "easy". my knees are killer a few days later. after the 1st fifth of the hike it was actually the classified "easy". too many cholla half way through. somewhat boring scenery. not as many courteous hikers/bikers as other areas

This is an excellent trail for beginners. You can’t go wrong w any of the trails on this preserve bc it’s so beautiful and serene, but if you are a beginner or still want the hiking experience, but aren’t able to do much physically, this is a great trail. I took someone who has a slight walking impediment due to severe osteoporosis, but she really enjoyed this trail (we went counter clockwise). Trail was very well-marked and offered a couple different rest points.

Two toddlers came along- 3 yr old did the whole thing! After getting to the ridge its a breeze. Almost made a wrong turn but some other hikers saved us!

I was on the 304 today. 304 to 1A, up the mountain and back. There is great hiking in Piestewa Peak Park. Out on the 101 degree afternoon, I did just about 6 miles.

Wed Feb 20 2019

I would definitely do this trail again. The gravel isn't extremely loose only a few areas. I do have a few health issues which limits me from hard hikes but I'm proud to say I made it!