Peralta Trail to Fremont Saddle

Peralta Trail to Fremont Saddle is a 5.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,568 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Awesome hike with great views along the way. I only had a few hours before my flight home so I double-timed it taking me exactly 3 hours in and out, including 1 hour at the saddle taking in the view. Definitely recommend this hiking experience.

Excellent hike that awarded views the whole length. Plenty of room in parking area mid morning.

Enjoyable hiking on a rocky trail. Kid and dog friendly.

I did this hike in February 2019. I agree with the comments about harder on the way down, especially if you have had knee issues. Leave at sunrise. I took my time & it took 2.5 hours up, 1.5 hours up at the rim with a walk out to the tree, with 2.5 hours back. My knees hated me for the next month, but I did it & it was worth it. Bring lots of water/electrolytes & lots of snacks.

Nice trail with great views! Fun hike that is fairly moderate. Great time of year to hike.

Great hike. We wanted a challenge but not a super difficult trail. We wanted a trail that would last about 5 hours, not too long, not too short. This trail fit our needs perfectly. It was beautiful all the way to the saddle and reaching the saddle was the climax of the day's views. Highly recommend this trail. The temp was approx. 90 degrees and we drank 2 1/2 gallons of water between 3 of us.

A lot tougher coming down, watch your step!

This was a perfect moderate trail—great for a weekend stroll-hike :) The views were incredible hiking up the canyon and on top of the saddle! Depending on the time of day you hike, you will find some shade in spots. There is even a little water in areas—although I’m not sure I’d drink it even with a filter. Fascinating geology, birds and a peaceful rattlesnake greeted me on the trail. Favorite hike since moving to the area!

Great views!

This is a great trail with the best views. I highly recommended it.

Hiked this trail starting around 6AM with my wife and kids aged 11/9/8. Trail is in great shape, and the view of the sun rising and shooting rays through the clouds was breathtaking. Did this as part of a series of hikes to prepare for a multi-day trip to the Grand Canyon. My wife would recommend starting an hour earlier with headlamps. I think I would agree, because hiking down while the sun rises would be prettier than hiking up while the sun rises. My two youngest kids spotted a 2 foot rattler coiled just off trail. Enjoy the hike!

It a nice trail to get a good workout. It’s extremely rock so try not to go in tennis shoes or you may roll your ankle or you may be feeling it after. I don’t know what it’s like in the winter, but I only ran into 11 people this whole trail so if you don’t like crowds, go early and take advantage of this time.

The trail is open. This trail is great. Long, Gradual incline the entire way. No real flats or shade. Take lots of water. But keep going, the view from the saddle is awesome but it’s worth the extra bit to head over to lone tree and see weavers needle up close.

This is the classic trail to enjoy the Superstitions Enjoy the rocky terrain and the spectacular views.

was a really good hike with a great view at the end.

Stunner

My favorite trail in the Superstitions. Beautiful views and strenuous but nothing too crazy.

About 6-7 miles off paved roads to get to the trailhead so keep that in mind, things can get muddy after rain. Medium sized parking area with pit, large map of Superstition wilderness at the start. Trail is continuous uphill and is an established path with boulders scattered throughout. There is very little shade, bring lots of water if hiking in heat. Made it to the viewpoint in about 80 minutes, absolutely stunning views from the top! Great places to sit and take in the view, loved it.

Amazing view! Perfect for a winter or fall Arizona hike.

This is really fun! So beautiful and it’s cool to see yourself pass some rock formations you gazed upon lower down. The uphill climb isn’t terribly hard. Not a grueling at the last part like Wave Cave—a little more gradual IMO. Neat view of Weaver’s Needle at the end. L

Love this hike. Beautiful views. Steep climbs at times but worth it. Weather was perfect today

Great hike. Hiking to the saddle, having a snack and enjoying the view of Weaver's needle makes for a great day.

Great views!

Great hike. Just take your time as there is so much to see and take in. Enjoy the scenery. The 5 miles is round trip.

One of the best hikes in the area...loved seeing the hoodoos!