Peralta Trail to Fremont Saddle

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow Star(1739)
Superstition Wilderness

Peralta Trail to Fremont Saddle is a 5.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,568 feet Route Type: Out & Back

NOTE: As of April 2020, parking lot to the trailhead is closed due to COVID-19 concerns. Please check the park website for more information.

closed

Sawtooth Fire.

Great hike and also there are a lot of connecting trails if you are interested in extending your hike. Bring plenty of water if you hike during summer months.

First time and it was amazing. Unlike the urban mountains in Phoenix, this is a real mountain range. My only problem: I was ready for a workout hike and this became somewhat of a nature hike due to the incredible views and photo opportunities. Not hard, and I recommend not stopping at Fremont Saddle - continue on for a few miles.

Great trail went with a few friends it's rather moderate through and through. the incline picks up toward the end which is nice. The decent was fun as well. Lots of nats and flies this time of year but all in all nice hike.

One of my favorites! A great stream at the front when we’ve had rain. Great trail, nice distance with a good climb, and amazing views at the top. Love this one.

Great hike, recommend starting early (just watch out for snakes) - much prettier durnig the morning light. I filmed the entire hike in 4k - can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoFCcB03vM-nepESoPJ4KvA

Great hike! Good distance for a nice day trip hike. Some parts have a steep incline but it’s manageable. The view of Weavers Needle at the saddle is pretty nice !

Beautiful view! We went in the morning at 7am and there were not a lot of people - however despite how early it was, it’s getting really hot which makes hiking less enjoyable

Great views the whole way. One of my favorite trails.

Main parking lot open as of 5/3. Nice trail! Start early for more shade on the trail.

Great trail with a good amount of shade and water (March).

A friend and I went to this trail early in the morning 8:30. Decided to go here because it was far enough from crowds. within 2-3 mile in, we spotted a green mohave rattlesnake. the snake was passing throughout the trail. when the snake saw us, it started to rattle and had my friend and I cornered (she look very angry). we had to jump over the snake and hope the snake didn't catch our leg. we successfully escaped from the snake and ran as fast as we could out of that trail. The trail needs maintenance, it is very hard to tell if there are animals around you cuz the area is so dense. BE CAREFUL!

Both the trail and main parking lot were open as of 04/25/20. Definitely recommend getting there early to beat the heat. There's significantly less shade on the way back down than there was on the way up. The view at the top is absolutely worth the hike!

Just hiked it this morning, both the trail AND parking lot were open. We wanted to go to the base of Weavers Needle, but the trail is so overgrown we turned back and hung out at the saddle

Is the trail closed?

Beautiful trail, highly recommended! Not difficult either. Please clean up after your dog if you bring one.

This hike was beautiful from beginning to end. By far one of my favorite hikes in Az. Weather was perfect this morning and the trail wasn’t too packed. Be cautious of rattlesnake. Someone seen a rattlesnake slithering across the trail today.

closed

We just loved this trail. My favorite yet! It wasn’t for the faint of heart. It was quite rocky. Matter of fact, it was almost all river rock or creek bed. There was a nice creek running. This must be why keeps the landscape very green and lush. This must also be why the bugs were out in the millions. They didn’t bother us tho. The sight of Weaver Needle is worth the hike! Not very busy at all. However the parking lot is closed. Just park in a lot 1/2 mile away from the trailhead. We loved it!

Amazing trail! By far one of my favorites. Saw a cute little river flowing and my pup enjoyed it. There are quite a few bugs but nothing too awful. The main parking lot is closed due to Covid, but walk through the gate to get to the trails. There are a few different ones. Bring lots of water and a snack :)

Amazing hike!! Lots of diversity and beautiful views. definitely one of my favorite hikes in Arizona!