Peralta Trail to Fremont Saddle

Peralta Trail to Fremont Saddle is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Apache Junction, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and backpacking and is accessible year-round.

old growth

Always fun. It’s beautiful if you ever get the chance to hike it with snow on the ground or right after a heavy rain.

The walk up is a bit of a work out if you are a beginner, but doable. I kept my pace up to get a good leg workout and can see doing some trail runs here. I did not realize I made it up to the saddle and continued on to the lone pine tree, truly inspired by this thriving tree, and awesome views.

Great hike.

Beautiful trail ! Will do again

We started this hike at 7:30am on a Saturday. Glad we went so early because it started to get very crowded. The parking lot was completely full when we finished. This is more of a moderate hike and not a hard hike. It took us 2 hours and 20min to finish the whole hike. We hiked into the saddle, took a few pictures and headed down. The views are absolutely stunning this entire hike. Dirt road is about 7 mile and we saw a lot of cars that were easily able to get there. Watch out for the rattle snakes.

Did this Easter Sunday for the first time. This is a Must Hike if you want to really get into the Supes and see spectacular views. The sight of Weavers as you hit the saddle is breathtaking. Definitely do the extra scramble to the Lone Pine and hang out for a bit and enjoy the view. If you start early in the morning you can have some shade for the first bit of the hike, the rest can be toasty even in Spring so definitely rest and hydrate on the way up, will be some good pockets of shade or outcroppings of rock you can rest under. I would not rate this hard unless you aren't used to desert hiking. I would rate it moderate as there isn't much skill required other than watching where you step and pacing yourself on hotter days.

My favorite desert hike and the view of Weaver's Needle is a perfect reward after a steady climb.

Great wide / open trail
Somewhat hard due to al steps and loose rocks, but not to difficult for a family hike. Not crowded, but it's also not isolated which is good for your safety. Take advantage of the shaded areas before the ascend, not much shade after mile and half. Watch out for snakes and keep hydrated.

Beautiful moderate hike! The views at the top are great!! Bring lots of water and good shoes because there are a lot of loose rocks.

Great views! There are several trails that lead to the saddle- be sure to prepare properly. I recommend 3L of water and a snack.

Huge disappointment. This trail is about as difficult as mall-walking. I've climbed stepladders that were more difficult.

The trail just peters out at the end. No sense of accomplishment. In the alternative, rather than following this trail into the valley where it peters out, I recommend continuing straight along the ridge line to the big pine tree toward the needle. Still not challenging, but at least you get a sense of accomplishment.

I would only recommend this trail if you want to take your grandma on a nature walk (she could probably drive her rascal on most of this trail), and you're willing to go on a weekday when there may be parking.

This trail's rating urgently needs to be changed to easy or medium. Nothing difficult or technical about it anywhere.

In the alternative, If you want something in this area that's a little more challenging, I recommend Wave Cave Trail. It's shorter but more difficult, and the cave at the end is totally worth it.

Having said all that, there were nice views and good scenery. Just don't expect a challenge.

Definitely a good workout especially for someone not in great shape like me. Beautiful views of Weavers Needle from Fremont Saddle. Was a bit challenging for the dog but the few shaded spots and access to water helped make this a tough but enjoyable hike for us both.
Only negative is the road in and the parking situation. I suggest going during the week as it was packed on Saturday.

One of the best hikes

Absolutely stunning views from the saddle. A good climb to the top, challenging but not back-breaking. DO NOT attempt this trail after and/or during a rainstorm. The dirt road going inland toward the trailhead will be inaccessible anyway, but also the trail itself runs through a wash which becomes treacherous if flooded.

Great day hike. Pretty views.

Awesome. Great trail. Great scenery. It's a very memorable trail.

my favorite trail in the valley. you get a great work out and lots of cool viewpoints behind you as you climb but nothing compares to the view of Freemont saddle at the top. highly recommended

It was a beautiful day to hike today, and there are lots of great views. Lots of people on the trail but not too many. All very friendly. Road to the trail head is in pretty good shape, although I wouldn't want to see it wet.