Peralta Trail

Peralta Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is one of the most beautiful hikes I've done! I am 30 weeks pregnant and made it to the top, and so can You! the only thing I was not aware of was that it's about a 15 minute drive on a dirt road. besides that it was a beautiful trail with lots of gorgeous views! definitely worth the drive⛰

The perfect spring hike. Started at 7:45am and only 5 cars in lot. Was full but not overflowing when I returned 3 hours later. The trip to the lone pine is a must. Added probably 0.75 miles out and back to the tree. Gave a much better sense of scale of the needle and better views from that vantage point...and shade for an apple and hand ful of trail mix! Moderate rating is accurate. Varied terrain, nothing difficult. A great half day hike!

Great hike!! Took us longer than we expected but that was all the stops looking at rocks,cactus, lizards and more!!! Amazing views.

First real desert hike. So beautiful and different at every spot on the trail. I'm hooked. Can't wait to hike again.

Gorgeous. Beautiful views all along but particularly at the top overlooking the needle.

Fun trial with nice views! About 3 miles driving on easy dirt road to get to trail head. Free parking. Bathrooms. Moderately trafficked with some sporadic spots of shade but mostly exposed to sun.

Great views

Plan was to hike Wave Cave today, no parking! So......did another beautiful hike to Weaver’s Needle considering I was more than half way through the dirt road drive....First Day Of Spring!!! Lots of green :)

I'm not an avid hiker... so it was a little too strenuous for my taste. I was hoping the view from the top would make it worth the effort, but maybe my expectations were set a little too high, because it was good, but not spectacular.

This is definitely one of my top favorite hikes in this area! The views are really wonderful and the terrain switches up a lot to keep things interesting. I took my two dogs who are very used to hiking and they started to get a little tired towards the last mile coming back. We went on New Year's Day so by the time we were descending it was very crowded but I am not sure if it is because it was a holiday. Driving up, there is a long stretch of dirt that is a bit rocky so I would recommend going slow or taking a larger vehicle. By the time we were driving off, the parking lot was completely full and people were parking pretty far down the road. All in all it took us a bit less than 3 hours going at a leisurely pace with a 20 minute break for food at the halfway point.

Absolutely beautiful hike. Definitely a good workout. I’d say it’s on the harder side of moderate because of all the rocks. Lots of people recommend looking back, definitely do so! Breathtaking views as you get higher and higher on the mountain.

As always I love this trail. Was trying to find the wave cave, but our map wouldn’t load to get it so we opted for this hike! My dog Clark did well, but I’d say make sure you pup is ready for a tough one before you go!

This is so far my favorite hike since I moved to AZ (granted I’ve only done a handful). I did it in the afternoon and it wasn’t as hot or as crowed as advertised, so overall a great experience. For the most part it was shaded.
The trail is very easy to follow and a smooth up to the saddle and smooth down again (the elevation “shape” that I like the most). The views are amazing almost all the way!

Definitely work but it was worth the effort. Some of the sections are rocky and strenuous but they are short. Fun trail.

Challenging hike! Worth the effort. Views from the top are incredible!

certainly breathtaking, impressive one you reach the top but also the journey along the way.

It was an easy, flat hike. Pretty surroundings. There is a lot of loose gravel so wear good shoes/boots.

A blind person couldn't take a bad pic here, loved it.

Really liked this trail. From start to finish the wife and I really enjoyed the views

Not for noobs or snowflakes. The ascent is pretty good, and for an unseasoned hiker this trail might be a little much. Also, since it is in the Arizona wilderness, there are plenty of rocks to navigate around and over. When you arrive at the lookout over Weavers Needle, the view is spectacular! It is worth every step!

Rocky. Uphill challenging. Beautiful destination

First Arizona bike while I was visiting on business. Absolutely amazing.

Lovely, rigorous cardio and leg workout. Amazing views at the top. Go early on the weekends. Gets progressively crowded as the day wears on.

NOT moderate but with an early start you could finish in a few hours. A good workout, hard on the knees and bones, bring lots of water.

Very rewarding hike and view at the top. weavers needle is a beautiful sight! Very rocky, steep, steady incline on the last half...saw lots of dogs. None of them looked like they were having fun... IMHO. I wouldn't bring my dog on this trail. Make sure to bring plenty of water. Took us 3 hours car to car.

Nice 3 hour round trip hike with great views along the way and at the top. The dirt road leading to the trail head was in good shape. A few others on the trail mid week.

Good climb up, wonderful views! Coming out is a little rough on the knees, but totally worth the scenery. Will be back to camp this one!

A fun hike with a great view at the end. Lots of ankle busting rocks on the trail and a fair amount of traffic, so be alert. There is sometimes water, but plan on bringing your own water and recognize that you will be surrounded by rocks radiating heat nearly the whole time. Bring water!

Amazing views! It was my first time hiking in this area so I started with a "moderate" trail. I wouldn't call it moderate. It was long but easy and LOTS of kids of all ages all the way up to the top. This would be perfect for those wanting to take their kids on a hike. The view of Weaver's Needle was beautiful!

Absolutely beautiful hike! The dirt road can be a little insane to get into the trailhead common after it rains it is very hazardous. I got my car stuck in a ditch in had to get it towed- hike was still great.