Peralta Trail

Peralta Trail is a 4.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gold Canyon, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take ample water. Heat exhaustion and a hornet made for a really less than stellar finish to the trail, but it was beautiful and worth it.

Hiked the trail today. As everyone mentioned before fantastic views. When you reach the saddle do make the effort to hike out to lone pine. It’s off to your left when looking at Weavels Needle.

Awesome hike! Did this on Dec 10th. Was a beautiful day and made for a great hike! We went out to the saddle then a bit further off to the right out toward Weavers Needle.

On the way back instead of following the same trail we took a loop back on the other side of the canyon. Was definitely more challenging and difficult to follow the trail but using the satellite GPS view on the app we were able to find the trail and had a blast. (Not for inexperienced hikers to try the second part as there is some bouldering etc with some nice drops.)

Highly recommend! Went through about 2 liters of water just FYI.

My daughter and I hiked this trail yesterday (4Dec2017) and it was awesome! Go as early as you can because picture taking is great with the low angle of the sun. It’s a pretty steady continuous climb so take plenty of short breaks. Be sure to look around Hey during your breaks because the view behind you is just as good as the one in front of you! I hiked this trail with my wife one month ago and we did not take the extra short trail off to the east to get closer to the needle. Wow it is incredible over there! A must do, so read the trail description and make sure to tack this on!

It was a perfect day for hiking.

My daughter (8 y.o. at the time, old review) and I love this trail. We stopped three times for snacks: once midway out, once at the peak, and once midway back. Lots of shade, but still bring a hat and lots of water. There was a lot of traffic on the day we went (MLK Day), which was to be expected. I would have liked to continue on to Weaver's Needle, but that would have been too much for how much water and food we brought.

I look forward to doing this trail again.

beautiful trail. feels like a hidden gem.