Pass Mountain Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

An actual easy hike with beautiful views

Great trail, we went clockwise for a more moderate incline making the back half a tad difficult as it is fairly steep in sections but definitely doable. I have never seen the back side of the mountain and it is excellent the entire time. Trail is in good shape. The last mile and a half gets kind of old as it is just a ton of loose gravel and we were ready to be done. however it does not discount the rest of the hike at all.

Nice quiet trail with breath taking views of the Salt River valley and the Superstition Mountains. This is a long trail and you will need to plan to take lots of water and maybe a snack. This trail is not well marked so a GPS would be handy if you have not hiked it before. There is a fee per car to enter the park.

Great trail! We went counter-clock-wise, and were really glad we did. There are several (short) steep rocky portions that I would rather go up than come down. Great views! As others have said, there is no shade, and it is 7.7 miles. Very gradual ascent and descent, if it weren't for the length, I'd rate this as easy. Def. recommend.

This was a 7.7 mile trail from the trailhead. I would start right and end from the left. I started to the left and it was a very easy start with a hard ending. Tons of rocks on the end of the trail.

I can’t imagine running it in the summer, but in November this was absolutely incredible. Not well marked, but once you look at the map closely and pay attention to where other trails intersect and divert, it’s pretty straightforward. If I would have had more time I would have done it twice. Pretty rocky in multiple spots so it makes running it difficult, but plenty of runable space. Loved this trail!

Great 7.7 Mile Hike Yesterday! The views were amazing starting Left onto Trail. If you want more of an incline workout I’m told to start Right on to Trail. $7.00 fee/bathrooms at Trailhead. Loved it!!!

Good distance, not much of a challenge elevation/incline wise. The path can get a little confusing at times but is pretty easy to follow if you have your phone.

Trail needs some work. Actually 7.7 miles.

With all the zig zagging that goes on , on this Trail and when you count your steps and measure it out it's more like 11 miles rather than just six.

Incredible hike! One of the best in this area!!
It is, however, a looong 7 miles. Go up the west side first to the saddle. It tends to be a bit boring until you start up toward the saddle. The ascent is not nearly as steep as people portray it to be. The saddle is, surprisingly, rather flat at the top. Great place for a picnic or break.
I cannot stress enough how important it is to go up the west side first because the back side of the mountain has some of the most beautiful views I have seen in a long time! There are no houses or buildings in the valley there, and you will be “awed” most of the way as you encircle a great portion of the mountain from high up. The only thing you need to be careful of is that there is lots of gravel. Take a stick or pole, and of course plenty of water and a snack.
Save the best for last by going up to the saddle first and come down on the back side.

Last whoa before hiking Grand Canyon R 2 R next weekend. Hiked both directions. .....awesome for distance!

Great hike through the desert. Relatively close to the East valley. Well maintained and we'll traveled. Great views at the top.

Decent views - started at 0615 finished at about 0855 as we stopped for lunch - I hike a lot in Arizona in the summer but the last mile was oppressively hot. At 108 my backpack thermometer read 120 in direct sun. I’d recommend not doing this one during July/Aug unless the high is below 105

The miles are definitely miscalculated and the trail map available at the ranger's office tells you that it is 7 miles or so. I hiked this trail more than ten times and it's a pleasure every time, not to mention the great views and solitude. It's 10 miles from starting point and back to the trail head. I recommend it!!!

Second time we went there made a lot of stops to enjoy the beautiful view. Go early and take plenty of water and comfortable shoes.

Great trail for running!

My personal favorite hiking trail. Not tough, but long enough to get a good hike in.

One of the better “city hikes” - not too many people there on a weekend - some fairly steep inclines. Would do it again

Super awesome running trail! Great views!
We went counterclock-wise & started with the hills. Bring water!

Great trail and amazing views

So we actually went about a mile and a half further than we thought we are going to. But it was beautiful today, and the scenery was stunning. I do suggest going early in the morning as I could see it gets hot- there is definitely no shade but plenty of photo opportunities. People to bring their dogs but I do worry dogs will get overwhelmed... I would definitely do it again but make sure to bring water and be prepared to walk at least 10 miles if you need. That means wear good socks and bring sunglasses

Awesome hike and there's usually not a lot of people so if you need to think deeply and immerse yourself in nature, it's a great hike. Nice elevation changes without killing yourself.

Nice mix of easier and challenging sections. Great views if you take the time to enjoy them. I got 7.35 miles the couple times I’ve run this trail.

Great trail, 13 km and we finished in 2 hours and 45 minutes. We went clock wise so the steepest part of the trail is when you’re descending near the end.

First time to AZ hiking, entered off road. Should have used GPS, struggled a little finding trailhead we came in on, was all good though. Awesome trail!

Great trail, but, someone is not right about the miles. I used 3 different device's (at the same time) and got an average of 7.9 miles. GPS times 3. Steps useless. The map ???.
But a great hike no matter the distance....who's counting anyway??

Beautiful scenery! I think I needed to be in a little better shape. But would want to go for it again.

Came to Mesa with my Dad for Cubs spring training. We found this trail to be highly recommended for trail running by the park ranger. Absolutely stunning and beautiful views. Loose rocks on the northern side can make for some tricky footing and more walking than running. Highly recommended for trail running.