Pass Mountain Trail

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice trail, well marked. Do it counter clock wise for more of a challenge on the back side...

the terrain is beautiful and it changes from one side to the other.

Great on a cool day.

Great hike with some spots of shade. Did the hike counterclockwise starting at Meridian Road. From mile .3-1.5 hike it is HARD, very rocky and intense incline. Miles 1.5-3.0 are moderate. 3.0- 6.4 are easypeasy, with a trailhead stop at mile 5.3 (bathroom and water fountains!) Miles 6.4-7.4 are moderate.

Anyone done this on horseback?

I love this trail. I would never run 8 miles on solid ground, but I would here! Perfect views, ran it counterclockwise. Perfect!

I have recently done this Trail Twice. First time was last fall we started clockwise at Wind Cave and when all the way around. I did not like The Hairpin turns Rocky steep downhill then endless hiking back to the starting point once we got down the hill. So we went again this spring started clockwise at Wind cave went to the lookout and back. Lots of beautiful saguaros and other cactuses and blooming wildflowers. Easy hike if you do it this way.

Great trail, I'd rate it has difficult just because the distance. There is some elevation gain but nothing like Cave Trail. If your new to the park and want a great workout I'd recommend doing Cave Trail 1st I'm not in the greatest of shape but can average my heart rate at 180 bpm going on Cave Trail where this was a steady 160bpm for 3 hrs. This trail has amazing views! Didn't expect it once I entered into Tonto National Forest; best of all I went at 3:30pm so by the time I got over to the East side of the Mountain it was mostly shade for a good hour or so.