Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 7.0 miles Elevation Gain: 951 feet Route Type: Loop

fee

Nice long hike. I love the view of the back part of the loop.

Great trail, started at 7/30 am 4/24 Beautiful scenery. Definitely start counterclockwise Getting Hot Bring plenty of water

I echo the comments of others - this hike has a noticeable change in terrain and scenery, which was great! There were so many beautiful flowers in bloom and the views were gorgeous. A sea of desert that is just beautiful. For the technical side, the hike was definitely moderate but had a good balance of easy. Looking forward to doing this one again.

It's a fun hike. Good for all skill levels.

amazing changes of terrain/scenery/plant life as you make the loop. also recommend counterclockwise. my bf stepped on a Western diamondback sunning himself in the trail on the back side so keep your eyes open.

Great trail, ideal for running. Saw a few grandmas out there and a rattler. Funny the park used social distancing for the parking spaces - pointless

fee

This is a beautiful trail, especially on the back side once you get up the mountain! I recommend going counterclockwise like others have said. It's a fairly popular trail, which kept the snakes away. We started at 730am, which was perfect. Total distance on the recording shows 7.6 miles.

fee

Great hike. Make sure you start counter clock wise. Makes the ascent/descent much easier. Brought along my dog and he did great, just make sure you bring a lot of water and start early!! Usery park costs $7 to get into.

fee

a bit overgrown in some parts but all passable. some portions rockier than others.

This is an incredible trail when the wildflowers are in bloom here in AZ. I hiked and ran the first half with my ear buds in and music on and was in awe! Then...my phone died (last minute decision to run outside instead of at the gym!). So I was about 4 miles into the trail when I realized I was surrounded by the constant buzzing of hundreds (thousands?) of bees. Whoa! I took a moment and realized they hadn’t bothered me the entire time I wasn’t aware of them, though I ran the next 3.5 miles! All that adrenaline, I was exhausted by this trail AND I found it poorly marked about the point you can hear the gun range in the distance. Luckily I had a map and could use the gun range as a marker. I think I only saw 2 other hikers on a weekday in the hours I was there. Bring water and a map! And an epipen if it’s wildflower season!

One of my favorites! Great views and fairly easy trail. Only a few parts are a bit rocky. I recommend starting clockwise from the Wind Cave parking area. At 3.7 miles you reach the saddle with a real great view. I don’t enjoy the back side of the loop so I’ll take the out-and-back option.

Started at the Wind Cave trail head. Bathrooms were open. Went clockwise. I thought the trail was easy with no difficult climbs or descents. My dog had no troubles. My under armour app tracked the loop at 7.2 miles. Beautiful wildflowers. Gorgeous views.