Pass Mountain Trail

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I started at Wind Cave Hiking this morning at 7:30 am and went on Pass Mountain trail. I went counterclockwise as this is an excellent workout for the novice hiker. Gets the heartbeat up and a good sweat.. than gives a great cool down the last 30 minutes of the hike as you come back to the starting point. It took me 3 hours exactly, with a few 1-2 minutes stops along the way to catch my breath. Great Trail.

Awesome hike. Pretty easy with great views and a good distance. Took about 2 1/2 hours to do

Go early, it gets hot and there is no shade. Wildflowers were in bloom, so very beautiful. I got 5 miles per gallon, so I guess I am ran like a semi today!

Beautiful trail! When you enter the park there is a manned gate, it cost $6 per car to enter. it is well worth it, there are several hiking trails with beautiful views. it is all in the sun hikes so prepare accordingly. this trail has a few steep climbs so it's a great moderate hike.

Great hike. Done it a couple of times. Only thing to make it moderate is the length and a few yards coming off the saddle. My wife is not crazy about longer hikes but likes this one. Aside from that I would recommend bringing a long sleeve something if you are going to rest at the top in winter time. It's a little cool up there, especially after passing through a cold shaded pocket just before reaching the saddle.

This has been my favorite hike in recent years. It's very long and that's what makes it difficult. If you're nervous about how tough it will get, I suggest doing the trail in reverse and get some of the difficult parts out of the way. Once you hop the saddle, it stays pretty consistent.

A great hike. Moderate in difficulty with amazing views, especially on the north end and eastern pass. I'm from WI, and this was my first AZ hike. It was very easy to navigate with only a few trails that branch off. Hiked the whole thing in about 3 hours. I only encountered 3 other hikers. There are mountain bikers on the southern part, so heads up. Also, there is a gun range to the west, and I could hear gun fire for the majority of the hike (talking LOTS of gun fire). It's incredible that a trail this cool is only 10-15 minutes outta Mesa.

Nice hike.

I hiked this trail Sunday morning starting at 7:15 am. What a beautiful hike! The trail was not crowded and the views of the desert were spectacular. It took me less than 3 hours to complete the loop and was not very difficult at all.

Fairly easy hike with gorgeous views on the north and east side of Pass Mountain.