Pass Mountain Trail

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The comment about rocks was accurate. Part was sheer rock. Loved this hike.

This is a fantastic trail! Just did this again on Sat morning and made it up for sunrise. Wow!! Amazing views!

Beautiful views, but the back and south side of the trail is really rocky so plan accordingly.

Beautiful!! Lots of variety, not many other hikers. It’s one I would like to do again.

Nice hike with some really spectacular views. We hiked it clockwise. Western 1/2 of the trail is mostly hard pack earth, sand or gravel. Eastern 1/2 you start getting into some rocks and some loose footing which makes this a moderate trail.

Hiked solo! Took me about 4 hours and I am an average hiker. Moderate level for sure. From Usery Park at the trailhead I took the east side first and sure glad I did...end of hike was smooth and easier than first half. No shade at all on hike but the views were SPECTACULAR! Highly recommend this hike.

Awesome hike. I would definitely recommend

Love this hike in the spring when the brittle bush is blooming and cascading down the mountain like a huge waterfalls.

Beautiful Hike, little rough!

Great hike to do if it’s not too hot. Very nice views.

Love this trail..the terrain is amazing and always keeps your eyes in amazement

My wife and I completed this hike today and it was pretty nice. We started at the Meridian Road parking lot and did the full loop counterclockwise. The east side (first half) was good climbing and got our heart rate up. Not too difficult though. Great views all along the way. We found the trail on the west side much easier than the east side. The last third across the south was very flat sand and rock. Although the desert is nice we didn't enjoy that as much as the elevated parts of the trail. Met quite a few people on trail but it was still mostly quiet and nice. Excellent trail for a moderate hiker.

Awesome views all around!

Exhausting hike! Bring plenty of water and take your time! Nit for someone looking to go for a leisurely walk in the wilderness.

This is one of my favorite poop trails in the area.

long ... long... trail.

I do this hike starting at the wind cave parking lot. You can hike or mountain bike it or trail run it. It's a little under eight miles. Very scenic in the spring. They are having a mountain bike race hear in Nov and I also believe a trail run.

I started this hike from the parking lot on Meridian (start of Bulldog Saddle trail) and headed NW starting this 7.3 mile trek counter clockwise. The first 1.5 mi is very rocky and inclined and gets more steep as you get into the NE portion of the trail. I started this hike at 3:30p at 102 degrees and once I got to the north side it became easier but lost cell service for about 20 mins on backside.
West side of trail was fairly easy. The whole trail is very picturesque especially the N-NE side. Once I got to the restrooms I still had to hike the trail E back towards my car which was another 40 min hike. 90 ozs of water is what was consumed and ran out of water just 10 mins from car. 3:35 was elapsed time to complete 7.9 mile trek.

Did Pass Mountain trail and Wind Cave trail. Start to finish was 6.5 hours for the whole loop. Get an early start, no later than 5:45am. Good variety of challenging terrain and test of endurance. Roughly 11.5 mile hike.