Pass Mountain Trail

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

nice trail, well marked. Do it counter clock wise for more of a challenge on the back side...

the terrain is beautiful and it changes from one side to the other.

Great on a cool day.

Great hike with some spots of shade. Did the hike counterclockwise starting at Meridian Road. From mile .3-1.5 hike it is HARD, very rocky and intense incline. Miles 1.5-3.0 are moderate. 3.0- 6.4 are easypeasy, with a trailhead stop at mile 5.3 (bathroom and water fountains!) Miles 6.4-7.4 are moderate.

Anyone done this on horseback?

I love this trail. I would never run 8 miles on solid ground, but I would here! Perfect views, ran it counterclockwise. Perfect!

I have recently done this Trail Twice. First time was last fall we started clockwise at Wind Cave and when all the way around. I did not like The Hairpin turns Rocky steep downhill then endless hiking back to the starting point once we got down the hill. So we went again this spring started clockwise at Wind cave went to the lookout and back. Lots of beautiful saguaros and other cactuses and blooming wildflowers. Easy hike if you do it this way.