Pass Mountain Trail

Pass Mountain Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mesa, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I have recently done this Trail Twice. First time was last fall we started clockwise at Wind Cave and when all the way around. I did not like The Hairpin turns Rocky steep downhill then endless hiking back to the starting point once we got down the hill. So we went again this spring started clockwise at Wind cave went to the lookout and back. Lots of beautiful saguaros and other cactuses and blooming wildflowers. Easy hike if you do it this way.

Great trail, I'd rate it has difficult just because the distance. There is some elevation gain but nothing like Cave Trail. If your new to the park and want a great workout I'd recommend doing Cave Trail 1st I'm not in the greatest of shape but can average my heart rate at 180 bpm going on Cave Trail where this was a steady 160bpm for 3 hrs. This trail has amazing views! Didn't expect it once I entered into Tonto National Forest; best of all I went at 3:30pm so by the time I got over to the East side of the Mountain it was mostly shade for a good hour or so.

nice loop, not too hard, great views on the back and a cave

Was an amazing trail. Not too crazy but does require plenty of water good shoes and backpack with the goods, if you do the full 7 miles.... it's worth it. If my out of shape self can do it, anybody can.

Love this hike but had to turn around just after the 3 mile point (clockwise) after too many reports by oncoming hikers about aggressive bee activity.

I started at Wind Cave Hiking this morning at 7:30 am and went on Pass Mountain trail. I went counterclockwise as this is an excellent workout for the novice hiker. Gets the heartbeat up and a good sweat.. than gives a great cool down the last 30 minutes of the hike as you come back to the starting point. It took me 3 hours exactly, with a few 1-2 minutes stops along the way to catch my breath. Great Trail.

Awesome hike. Pretty easy with great views and a good distance. Took about 2 1/2 hours to do