Oldham Trail

Oldham Trail is a 6.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Flagstaff, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Directions from Flagstaff: The Buffalo Park parking lot is located on Cedar Street in north central Flagstaff. Another access point is on FR 557, the Mt. Elden Road, off US 180 north.

Beautiful trail. Good for walking, hiking, running, and biking. Lots of intersecting trails to change things up.

This was my first time hiking Elden from this side of the mountain and starting in the park. As soon as I got out of the park and on to the trail i got lost.
As soon as you get to the top of a slope there's a yellow sign for the gas pipeline, that's what I took, the trail is actually top the left and there is a trail marker I didn't see.
once on the trail you're golden but it's easy to get lost as there are a lot of trails or personally made paths that intersect Oldham. I did lower, which round trip is 6 mi, I ended up doing 8 mi+ with the round abouts and I did start upper Oldham but turned back as that would have endured up being almost 11 mi round trip that I want prepared for.
This hike definitely is moderate, with some good ups and downs that'll get your heart beating. I can't wait to explore more.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Super great trail system! I am able to run out here with my dog off of the leash because there is hardly anyone else on the trail. There are a lot of different trails that are all connected and it's easy to get lost and on the wrong trail. I've been running on this system for 5 years and still manage every single time to make a wrong turn and have to backtrack to find my trail.

Thursday, April 14, 2016