Old Man Trail

Old Man Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Ranger Office Phone: (602) 262-7393 Hours for all trailhead areas and entrances: 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. (entrance gates close). Trails remain open until 11 p.m.

I hike this trail frequently since I live in The Tuke. Bring plenty water! Difficult to find since it's not marked by a sign. Access from Secret Trail at the bend turning west, there are rocks outlining the turn for Mtn bikers. This is your clue! Loose scree until you reach the top of the Z. Trail winds around then up again. Two false summits, continue following the trail. You will know when you reach the top. Great panoramic views, excellent for our grand sunsets! Turn around here or continue to National Trail to Corona de Loma for the loop back down. Most park at the Warpaint TH.

If you follow the wash it's beautiful!

Nice hiking trail, but hard to locate from residential street and where to leave the bike path to start the hike. Will do this another time as my wife and I loved it. I had to use GPS to locate trail from the time I left the vehicle until I left the bike trail.

No place to park near the trail head

Can't really understand the folks who have said this is a well-marked trail. I would have never been able to follow it without the gps on my phone. I was trying to trail run and didn't enjoy this trail as it was very tough to follow and required lots of bouldering. If you really enjoy quiet, slow, difficult hikes this is probably for you. But if you are trying to run or if you want to follow a trail that is reasonably easy to follow, I don't think you will enjoy this one.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

I thought this trail was pretty challenging and difficult to find. The directions just take you to a residential area. From there you have to find an entrance to Desert Classic trail and then follow Desert Classic to Secret Trail and then you will see an unmarked trail. It is a great challenging hike and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely go back to hike it again.

Saturday, April 02, 2016

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Great little night hike with some great wildlife in the area. Easy trail to follow even at night, absolutely one of the best marked trails in the area.

Monday, April 06, 2015