North Kaibab Trail to Redwall Bridge

hardYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow Star(199)
Grand Canyon National Park

North Kaibab Trail to Redwall Bridge is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near North Rim, Arizona that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and backpacking and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 6.5 miles Elevation Gain: 2,555 feet Route Type: Out & Back

One of the best in the West!!

long hike for one day but awesome. Would be more enjoyable with a camping stop at the bottom. Also, north rim to south rim may be a bit easier depending on the time of year and angle of the sun. Lower elevation to climb out. All in all a great one to conquer.

Did it in one day, amazing trip but very hard. We trained for a while and had to hike a few hours in the dark. I would recommend two day so you can take more time to see everything since the trail is beautiful

A long but beautiful day :)

I only did 2.5 miles in on this trail so a total of 5 miles. It was straight down and then straight back up. The mules on the trail make it pretty dusty and smelly, but I understand that is how most of the trails are that go into the canyon. The views were beautiful but nothing spectacular in my opinion. It’s hard to beat the view from the lodge or maybe I just didn’t go in far enough. If I had more time I would go all the way down to the river. Next time I guess. There is water and a restroom at the tunnel which is where I turned around. Took me 3.5 hours total.

this trail is very strenuous, not so much on the way down but remember you have to come back up, so be prepared, we made it down to the bridge and went a tad farther and turned around, definitely worth doing and glad that we did it amazing views the whole way, saw some cool colored birds

What can i say that hasn’t been said already!? Still, I underestimated this trail. i should have trained harder and for longer!

Went June 8. 90 degrees.

Beautiful hike! Just under 6 hours total. Definitely harder on the way up, be prepared. Great vistas.

Thu May 30 2019

we turned around at an overlook just before the Roaring Springs. a ranger said that the view was better than at the springs and the day use area and water was all shut off anyways. this is an extremely pretty hike where you get to see a lot of geological and microclimate changes. There are the Pine Forest at the stop and then more desert like plants at the bottom, but the springs we're surrounded by a green wooded area. it gets really warm down low, so layer up. we saw few day hikers past the bridge.

SIMPLY WOW!!!! This was the most kickass workout of my life. Speaking of views and gorgeous scenery! First 22 miles were okay but the last 3 were simply hell. Trail was beautiful marked and there were many people on the trail. This was my 30th National Park and definitely top 5.

recorded Recording - Oct 12, 5:22 PM