National to Hidden Valley to Mormon Loop

National to Hidden Valley to Mormon Loop is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Phoenix, Arizona that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is best used from November until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is easy to moderate. Some rocks I could not get down I had to sit and slide. Some narrow trail. A lot of incline great work out. I enjoy seeing few thing on this Hiking such as Tunnel/buildings/view of Phoenix. Will come back again

Took a heathy couple hours. Once I got to the hidden part I was unsure which way the trail went so I turned back. (That and I was half way through my water.) I still got 6 miles in so I was happy. I'll try try again.

Fun, moderately challenging. National trail much more rocky and steeper inclines than Mormon trail.

I would rate this easy to moderate this is not an easy trail.

Great trail for the kids! My daughter loved it!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Wasn't expecting a long dirt trail to get the the mountain formations, I will definitely have to go again during an earlier time.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Great "in town" hike. Make sure to check out the little rock tunnel.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

This is my absolute favorite trail run!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

This was a really fun Trail! Great balancing rock formations, spectacular views, and it offers a variety of terrain difficulties.....one spot was not for the "short-legged" like me! Make it through "Fat Man's Squeeze" to enter "Hidden Valley". I couldn't get over the absolute stillness and silence. It was a silence that I've never experienced before!

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Fun trail with lots of interesting rock formations. Love fat mans pass and the little tunnel. Some parts of the trail were hard to find without the app.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

There were some really tough parts for my out-of-shape self. Also, we thought we were doing the Mormon Loop only so when my FitBit tracked this at 6.4 miles I was really confused.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

easy to do!

Monday, July 06, 2015

Great trail!! Definitely can lose some weight!!

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I love this trail to jog on. It is difficult in spots so I have slow to a climbing pace, but then it levels out and back to a jog. I love the views from numerous spots on the trail. Highly recommended.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

This is a very nice, fairly easy hike. Took the National trail from the Buena Vista trailhead and looped around on the Hidden Valley trail. Nice views of the Phoenix valley. Fat Man's Pass at the top of Hidden Valley is fun to try to slide through. The trail through Hidden Valley is a bit hard to follow and involves some boulder hopping. Just follow the contour of the wash to stay on track. At the bottom of the valley is a rock tunnel. Outside the tunnel are a few petroglyphs. This is a good hike to take your out-of-town visitors.

Saturday, December 08, 2012

nice little hike. didn't like the first mile walking down a dirt road but once on the trail all was good. went on sunday and was crowded near trail head. the further we got down the trail the less crowded it was. had lunch at fat man pass (hidden valley) and didn't see anyone until we left. nice hike. nice petrographs along road but vandals messed them up.

Monday, November 19, 2012

This trail is actual The Hidden Valley Via Guadalupe Ridge. It was a beautiful day out the hike was pretty easy until I turn off the trail in Hidden Valley. I head south on a trail that was very faded. I came across a cross that someone had left for a fallen hiker. As I worked my way to the top of the ridge I connected with the Guadalupe Ridge Trail from here on out it became more of a work out which I enjoyed. Great views from the North and South Valley areas. I will do this one again soon

Friday, September 28, 2012

Easy - gives nice view/sample of the area